O2 Sensor?
Just found my new to me Micron system has a larger socket welded in it than the OEM O2 sensor. Assumedly to accommodate a wideband sensor.

The socket in the Micron appears to be M18x1.25, does anyone know where to get a low profile reducing bush from that accepts the OEM sensor?
The sensor is already going to be 50% shrouded by the tallish socket, so need to keep the installed height of any adaptor to a bare minimum.

Is there an argument for removing/blanking the sensor?
Bearing in mind the bike does a lot of road miles with occasional drag strip use.

Cheers,
[Image: fc9450cb-86fb-4774-a1ac-5a6bb7a02823.jpg]
(26-09-2014, 08:24am)Zrex1200 Wrote: Just found my new to me Micron system has a larger socket welded in it than the OEM O2 sensor. Assumedly to accommodate a wideband sensor.

The socket in the Micron appears to be M18x1.25, does anyone know where to get a low profile reducing bush from that accepts the OEM sensor?
The sensor is already going to be 50% shrouded by the tallish socket, so need to keep the installed height of any adaptor to a bare minimum.

Bearing in mind the bike does a lot of road miles with occasional drag strip use.

Cheers,

The OEM sensor really works only in low RPM range iddle and a bit above causing this irregularity you can hear on almost every busa. You can disable it in WRT and disconnect altogether.
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
(26-09-2014, 10:43am)Shifu Wrote:
(26-09-2014, 08:24am)Zrex1200 Wrote: Just found my new to me Micron system has a larger socket welded in it than the OEM O2 sensor. Assumedly to accommodate a wideband sensor.

Cheers,

The OEM sensor really works only in low RPM range iddle and a bit above causing this irregularity you can hear on almost every busa. You can disable it in WRT and disconnect altogether.

Cheers Shifu, sounds good to me.
By WRT do you mean ECU Editor or similar?
Do you know if I need to bridge the contacts once the plug is disconnected or is it that all sorted in the above?
(26-09-2014, 03:18pm)Zrex1200 Wrote: Cheers Shifu, sounds good to me.
Do you know if I need to bridge the contacts once the plug is disconnected or is it that all sorted in the above?

I can't remember if it is an option in ECU Editor but it is in WRT for sure. You do not need to bridge anything. It disables the error message in ECU so it will not chuck the F1 light.
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
(26-09-2014, 09:04pm)Shifu Wrote:
(26-09-2014, 03:18pm)Zrex1200 Wrote: Cheers Shifu, sounds good to me.

I can't remember if it is an option in ECU Editor but it is in WRT for sure. You do not need to bridge anything. It disables the error message in ECU so it will not chuck the F1 light.

Cheers Shifu.

I fired her up on the weekend with the sensor dangling in the breeze (Wiring won't reach the hole in the Micron system anyway...) & temporary plug in the sensor position. Seemed to run fine, no errors.

Micron definitely does not have the nice deep (rattle things off the shed walls @ idle) note that the OEM headers & Yoshi slip-ons had, but it is incredibly light & has to perform better without those goddamn cats in the road Very Happy.

Thanks Pi_thumbsup