Bell Star Carbon
Just bought a Bell Star Carbon helmet from Peter Stephens, on special now, reduce from $700 to $499.
Seems pretty good!
Nice and light and good vision window for me. Bit noisy because of all the vents (I think), but I like having good airflow and can always wear my earplugs on a longer trip?
Also paid $160 for the Transition visor which changes from light to dark - pretty neat (illegal for road use, blah, blah)
Overall pretty pleased, and time to hang up the 10 year Shoei !
Ive also got a Nolan 104 flip up which is great for long trips but I've been wearing the Shoei nearly every time on the Busa.
I think the vision out the top of the window, when your head is down, is a bit restricted for me?
Must be my squashed pear shaped head, perhaps?

They also threw in a neat Bell helmet bag, but I don't know what to use it for? If helmet is on head, then why take the bag? Guess its to put the VB in, maybe?
(02-10-2014, 05:25pm)captainrob Wrote: Just bought a Bell Star Carbon helmet from Peter Stephens, on special now, reduce from $700 to $499.
Seems pretty good!
Nice and light and good vision window for me. Bit noisy because of all the vents (I think), but I like having good airflow and can always wear my earplugs on a longer trip?
Also paid $160 for the Transition visor which changes from light to dark - pretty neat (illegal for road use, blah, blah)
Ive also got a Nolan 104 flip up which is great for long trips but I've been wearing the Shoei nearly every time on the Busa.
I think the vision out the top of the window, when your head is down, is a bit restricted for me?

They also threw in a neat Bell helmet bag, but I don't know what to use it for? If helmet is on head, then why take the bag? Guess its to put the VB in, maybe?
That's what I was after when I ended up with my new Shark last year. Bloody steal @ that price, well done Pi_thumbsup
[Image: fc9450cb-86fb-4774-a1ac-5a6bb7a02823.jpg]
(02-10-2014, 05:34pm)Zrex1200 Wrote:
(02-10-2014, 05:25pm)captainrob Wrote: Just bought a Bell Star Carbon helmet from Peter Stephens, on special now, reduce from $700 to $499.
Seems pretty good!

That's what I was after when I ended up with my new Shark last year. Bloody steal @ that price, well done Pi_thumbsup

Thanks for the positive comments, mate.
I was expecting someone to say something about my squashed pear shaped head - or drinking VB !
Beats me why you'd want to put VB in your squashed pear shaped head anyway .. Pi_tongue

Tooheys is the beer we drink 'round here .. Coolsmiley
Mm maybe the squashed pear shaped head us the result of extended VB usage?
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
(02-10-2014, 07:30pm)Lucksafortune2000 Wrote: West End Draught in this part of the world.
Around 7 years ago, I tried a Bell on in a shop and decided that if I was to buy another helmet, it would be a Bell because it seemed a better shape for my head. Then peer group pressure got to me and I bought a XR-1100 off of GT cheap. It's a good helmet but I can't say it's comfortable. Does anybody really like the fit of a Shoei, or is it all in a name?

I bought Shoei X-12 following a glowing review in a motorbike magazine. F^#%ing bad decision Wtf. Never believe what you read in a review as they probably paid for it. Noisy, with shit ventilation and worst of all, so low cut at the front I can not use it on track as when you lean forward it is impossible to see anything ahead unless you are posessed and can tilt your head back 180 deg. You pay top $ for a f&$king sticker Pi_thumbsdown Went with Shark Race Pro since and two helmets later still love it. Light and comfy with huge periferal and up-down vision not to mention half the cost of that fu%4ing Shoei. Sorry can not help swearing every time I think of it f^$#ck.
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
I loved my shoei; thats why I have kept it for so long - too long.
Shoei was always my choice and it suited my egg; nothing else ever felt the same.
But the Bell felt right first time; fitted great - just like a bum in a bucket !
(oh no!)
Ditto with the Shoei fit. I tried about 4 different brand helmets on 7 yr ago till I tried the Shoei and it felt like a lounge chair around my nogin. I've replaced the foam as it was falling out looking like I had a bad case of the brown dandruff. My mate and his misses went with shark 2 yr ago and are not very happy with them, it good for about an hrs but then painfully. I guess it really means you have to try heaps of helmets until you find the right one. I'll try and get 10 yrs out of my shoei too lolYes
Everyone has a different shape noggin. What works for one tester may well be hated by the next person.

Bell RS1 fits my head perfectly and is my full-face road helmet of choice. I wear it with a Transitions visor, my favourite new product of the last 18 months. No need to carry a spare dark or clear visor. Great if you wear glasses. Also, I wear Earmold earplug speakers most of the time while riding. It fits my head and is quiet enough for all-day wear. Longest day in this was 21 hours.

Prior to that, the best full face I had found for the road was the Shoei TZX. Relatively quiet and a good fit.

For racing I have a Shark Race -R Pro Carbon. Very snug and removes skin from temples every time I take it off. Very good ventilation. As far as I can tuck, there is still plenty of forward vision.
(03-10-2014, 05:21pm)Homer Wrote: I have the RSD Speed Freak Star Carbon. Great ventilation - and love the transition visor. Surely legal? Only blackens in daylight.....

Bought the missus one too - RSD current design

Does it darken at night with the bright lights of oncoming traffic?
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
(03-10-2014, 10:38pm)Ward P Wrote: Does it darken at night with the bright lights of oncoming traffic?

No. Only in sunlight.
I change helmets every few years. Found shoei impaired my vision on the track. KBC was a great fit. Now shark and has a fighter pilot style dark visor built into helmet that pops down flicking a lever. Wanky cool lol
Don't tempt fate,TAUNT IT!