Are we to politically correct or just over sensitive?
I hate the slogan you see "F@#& off we're full" , Australia has been built on/ by migrants, and the ones who display it look like they're 2nd generation anyway. BUT I have no problem with that one.
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
Maybe if you give some specific examples of people not loving the country they are in?
Be specific and say what you mean. Then we might get somewhere.
Making a statement like Love the Country or leave is just so open to interpretation and for me the wrong interpretation.
What does it mean? How do I love the country?
What do I need to do to qualify?
What am I NOT allowed to do???

Obviously anyone who breaks the law will be dealt with etc etc.
Cheers, Pete� Coolafro
Do not click here
how about start with...

NOT allowed to support, economically, politically, personally, any organisation that publicly calls for the harm of Australians regardless of sex, race or religion? Which includes those that go over to these groups and fights for/with them.

For me to "love" a country all you need to do is show a willingness cherish, support, promote and defend the Country as a Nation.
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
I'll be straight up as I guess most will try to avoid the questions I asked.

I believe that that slogan and similar are insinuating that to be an Australian you...
Must speak english everywhere
Must not wear any head coverings
Must not have a religion we don't understand or agree with
Must not be passionate about your heritage or culture
Must not live in a suburb where others of same nationality live
Must not eat food that is not Australian
etc etc

See where I am going here?
When you see it written it is even more silly.
lol

THAT is the hidden agenda/thoughts I see behind such a statement as...
If you don't like Australia get out or f*** off.

Please tell me I am wrong.

Migrants are different just like everyone is different and individual.

Now if you are talking about breaking the law well that's different, yes I agree, especially if it is terrorism...OUT, sooner the better.

now that we are getting specific.
Then if the T Shirt read..
No To Terrorism.
then yes I would fully agree.
You see it is not a general statement. It can't offend anyone except terrorists.
Not that I would be game to wear it.
:-)

we all feel threatened at the moment. I can also understand that.
Cheers, Pete� Coolafro
Do not click here
HHMMmmmmm very interesting Pete

not an insult but if someone told me that's how they see a t-shirt slogan like the one being discussed then I would start thinking that THAT person is the one with racism issues....

I can see from your posts though that you have built this view from seeing how other people use the slogan but then by saying that everyone that uses a slogan like that is racially bigoted is actually a very bigoted statement LOL

BTW.. we are ALL migrants as Australia as a continent never supported the emergence of Homo Erectus much less Homo Sapien. So to place a ridicule on someone because they got here after we (or our forefathers) did is just plain silly to me.

How about instead of vilifying such a t-shirt give 1 to every immigrant that enters... show them that we are a Nation of inclusion and they are now part of this Great Country?
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

How about instead of vilifying such a t-shirt give 1 to every immigrant that enters... show them that we are a Nation of inclusion and they are now part of this Great Country?

Pls tell me that was a joke.

and yes I am extremely racist. Appreciate the analysis.
Cheers, Pete� Coolafro
Do not click here
why would it be a joke?

if a basis of argument for it having a racist context is the use of it by certain groups in a negative purpose then isn't a counter argument the positive use of it for inclusion?
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

Seriously though I think we all have some racist thoughts whether we know it or not.
Racism is everywhere not just Australia. Foreign countries have plenty of it too.

People can feel threatened when they see others who are different to them.
Where's Pan when you need him. He could explain this easily.
Cheers, Pete� Coolafro
Do not click here
Not having read all of the posts I still feel strongly that the shirt is fine.

I remember certain councils in the UK not putting up Christian Christmas decorations for fear of offending some other religious groups this, IMO, is racism in reverse ditto any objections to this type of slogan nothing wrong with being patriotic.

If some find this threatening then maybe the place they left wasn't that bad after all.
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast
I fully agree Pete.

I enjoy an open discussion on any topic, sometimes it play devils advocate just to get the other point across but this time I am really think WTF?? When that t-shirt was labeled racist.
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

(15-10-2014, 01:19pm)DjPete Wrote: I'll be straight up as I guess most will try to avoid the questions I asked.

I believe that that slogan and similar are insinuating that to be an Australian you...
etc etc

lol

IN my opinion, You ARE wrong Pete ..

The shirt shows a picture of our flag and says if you don't love it, leave. I'm not sure where you got all the other crap from.

Hidden agenda, my arse .. its patrioticm (not sure if that's a real word but its in Wikipedia so it must be Pi_thumbsup) and there is nothing wrong with being proud of the flag our servicemen fought for.

IMO, this slogan should be ON our flag ..
I will wear this with pride....anyday
(15-10-2014, 01:19pm)DjPete Wrote: I'll be straight up as I guess most will try to avoid the questions I asked.

etc etc

lol

Migrants are different just like everyone is different and individual.

Now if you are talking about breaking the law well that's different, yes I agree, especially if it is terrorism...OUT, sooner the better.

now that we are getting specific.
Then if the T Shirt read..
No To Terrorism.
then yes I would fully agree.
You see it is not a general statement. It can't offend anyone except terrorists.
Not that I would be game to wear it.
:-)

we all feel threatened at the moment. I can also understand that.

Whatever it is you smoking, I think you should stop as it seem to give you bad halucinations. Where all these "meanings" you have listed came from?
It is a simple sentence - "If you do not love it, leave." The "it" means Australia as represented by it's symbol - the flag. If you have difficulty understanding what it means, instead of making up some ridiculous assumptions, just look into a dictionary.
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
One thing I did find offensive is when those so called protestors burned the Australian flag...should've rounded those great assets to the country up and given them a one way ticket out of here....third class of course...
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast
[Image: facebook4_zps65141558.jpg]