what am i doing?
G'day somebodyelse...

Welcome to the AHC, mate!!

Looks like you're going to be pretty busy with that.....I for one will be a very keen observer sitting on the sideline, watching you bring this original busa back to her former beauty....so make sure you post up heaps of pics along the way, please!?!

Just curious.....is she gonna be a keeper, or will she be moved along at the end!?!

Keep it fun,
bazman
Well you wil know your Busa intimately before you even ride it. not a bad way to start your Journey.
Ubi est Williams est via

[Image: bd2b8814-b7c2-42c7-8059-0811dae17364.png]
Congrates on starting your addiction dude... LOL

was just thinking of getting a complete set of chinese fairings for my L3 lol
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
Dale has a good point there.
If you ever wanted to preserve the originality of a bike, you've bought the one.
My suggestion would be to keep it as standard as possible. You would be better off sourcing secondhand genuine parts rather than aftermarket stuff.
These copper bikes are worth a few bob.....
BUT, if you still go down the aftermarket route, it'll still be a good bike and you'll be a lot wiser for the experience.
I'm sure you have already thought of it, but after a big drop, you really should check for frame cracks and straightness, also checking triple clamps, forks etc.
Would not be nice to go to all the trouble putting it back together to discover this later, or worst still, at 300kph...
by the way your fairing stay ( the speedo bolts to it) will possibly be bent slightly if the bike has been on its side, this will make lining up your new fairings a pain the nether regions
Ubi est Williams est via

Well done mate, if you can't be bothered with it I'll take it off your hands ;)

Woody
I only ride as fast as my angel can fly.(A Blue Angel)
Welcome mate and good luck with the build
[Image: photo3.jpg]
Answers to questions

Plan is to keep it
I am a hoarder
I'll probably just add this to the other tonnes of crap my heirs will have to deal with

Idea was to get it on road first with minimum spend
Also as first big bike (and if lifting it on off stands is anything to go by, it is a Big bike)
Can't discount the fact it may be on its side again.

But the idea of gradually assembling the bit required for a later full resto appeals

Ran some string over it and it looks straight enough
Also noticed on paperwork that it isn't actually noted as written off, so that's an extra plus.

The tank itself isn't too badly dented (to my eye) so could well be just as easy to repair as replace, at a later date.
fairing kit comes with tank cover so will be out of mind and sight for now.

Fairing bracket is bent , rhs mirror holder is lower than other side
Probably an easy fix for someone who has the knowing of fire and steel
ordered a replacement with the fairings
With the idea that it should at least line up with them.
It arrived broken!

[Image: 6DfXkS.jpg]

http://imageshack.com/a/img661/6866/6DfXkS.jpg

They are sending replacement with the fairings
so little bit apprehensive on this
Thinking at mo is use Chinese bit as short term and source OEM part.

Progress report
All my bits ( except the fairings) turned up

Levers , clip on , brake & clutch reservoir blingy things

Easy
Suspiciously too easy
no thread stripping, bolt rounding, knuckle scratching.
nothing required throwing around the shed
Very little head scratching
Just a little puzzle with the routing the cable from the kill switch through the cage thingy
Its as if when they designed this thing they actually considered the idea that someone may need to work on it later

So I am expecting the fairings to be a utter nightmare
( especially with the fairing stay scenario)
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
I had two of those sent both of them in that condition
take the original fairing stay off, chuck it in a vise and place a piece of pipe over the bent one then bend it back to match the other side, if you take a few measurements you will get it nearly spot on.
The original is a beast and can take a lot of tweaking without heat and you already own it so it will cost you nothing

The Chinese ones are very cheap brittle castings and will break again with a small touch
Ubi est Williams est via

[Image: nocensorship.gif]