Hi all. Yet another new Brisbane owner!
Hi guys,recently became the new owner of a very nice red/black 06
Pretty stock,Yosh cans and a PC3,having problems with the PC3 though I think.
First mod was the Buell pegs. Damn,how does anyone over 5'6" ride one of these things? Lol3

Next is a headlight mod,had to strike a match to see if the headlight was on Pi_tongue
New hi/lo hid projector is in order I think,and maybe some sort of led arrangement in what was the low beam reflector.
Looking for a spare headlight,even a damaged one to mess with.

Still getting my head around just how much grunt this thing has...everywhere!
My other bike is a TL1000R,great old girl. Still the steed of choice for the twisties. But the Busa,she's something special isn't she?
G'day and welcome.
Yep, the busa has power and torque everywhere.
Post some pics when you've got 'em.
I've always liked TL's, makes for a nice pair in the garage. Pi_thumbsup

BTW, you can persist with PC3, but ditching it and flashing the ECU will get you more. Coolsmiley
Never done an ecu flash
Can you use the values from the Powercommander tune and input them?
(28-12-2014, 02:33pm)itsmesteve Wrote: Never done an ecu flash
Can you use the values from the Powercommander tune and input them?

I haven't yet learnt all this high tech trickery. Lol3 Lol3
I just sent my ECU to an expert and let him work his magic.

Main reason I went that way was that apart from getting a good tune, you can do neat little things like proper removal of restrictions and having the thermo fan kick in a bit earlier for better temp control in traffic.
Flashing can also do a whole lot more than I'll ever need and if you don't have computer phobia like me, then you can get an interface from Woolich Racing or the like and do a lot of tuning yourself.

There's people on here well versed and talented with all that stuff who would undoubtedly be able to give you a much better explanation and run down on it.
I think there is also a few threads on the topic if you search flashing, reflash or woolich.

Hope that helps some Coolsmiley
Wait until you get used to the Busa mate, I think you'll change your opinion as to which is better in the twisties.
Actually I should quantify that noting the fact I'm making that comparison with a 2010 gen 2, as I also have had a TL1000R, but I would of thought the same applies.
I've also just put Buell pegs on mine and rode it yesterday for the first time with them, so much better. What a difference that extra inch makes.
Welcome aboard mate.
Yeah,the Buelll pegs were an absolute must for me,6'3" and all leg !
The R has them too as well as a raised subframe
It's not stock though,GSXR forks,R1 wheels brakes and swingarm ,Penske rear

Funny you should say that about getting used to the Busa,as I do get used to it I keep thinking this is supposed to be a big porky blancmange. But according to Suzuki it's only 18kg heavier dry
The Busa is wearing Michie Road 4's at the moment,with a decent set of sports boots on her I'm expecting to be pleasantly surprised.
Do you find the stock steering damper to be unnecessarily heavy?

Kendo,I did start to have a search around for info on the ecu flash.
Probably a lot more than I need at the moment with very minor mods.
I've had a bit of a think and I'm hoping the problem I thought I was having with the PC is probably down to the sidestand switch. It shuts down briefly and throws c32,c33,c34,c35 codes
Those codes are for injector power...

[Image: C32C33C34C35faults_zps065f6a1b.png]

You can download the complete Gen 1 Service manual plus updates from my google files if you want them.
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
Thanks Batfink. Yep,I've got the PDF manual and hard copy
First I thought the PC was the culprit because it controls all four injectors,but on further brainstorming I figured it could be easier than that. I've got Buell pegs and spaced out the sidestand a little. Thought I'd adjusted it appropriately but perhaps not. I'm not home at the moment so can't check,but hoping its as simple as adjusting (or bypassing) the switch.

On second thought I might get that download from you
The latest one I could get online is 2003. Any significant differences?
your 2003 will be the latest for the gen 1 as far as I know so no need to download anything of mine LOL

hope it's an easy fix for ya but if the side stand ends up not being issue might wanna just disconnect the PC from system and see if still happens?
I am not a electrickery magic box guru like others here though
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
Yeah,that's the order.
Try the sidestand first,see if I can replicate the fault.
If not disconnect the PC.
I've had a look,all connectors seem kosher