how many ks could u do in a day
(28-01-2015, 06:18pm)black13 Wrote: best i've done is 1300 from jindy back to Adelaide on one of the busa bash's, got really uncomfortable after 700odd kms, had to stop regularly cause the pain on the seat was dreadful. Get yourself an airhawk , it will ease the discomfort, if you plan to do 800-1000kms per day, try to average 100kms travelled every hr including fuel & rest stops, its not that hard with some planning

Thanks but no time for planning with this fool maybe next time :)

Thanks all ,
Xlr8r , I haven't done any bug no of ks on anything for years . I remember starting to fall asleep on a busa club ride years ago and ended up dropping down few gears and opening right up for a while that got the addren pumping and kept me going for ages .
I'm off on 19.02 afternoon to Melbourne via Cowra. 300 ks in about 4 hours which breaks the back of the journey. Then head down Melbourne through the country. 800 ks on day 2. Is limit myself to 800 ~ 850 in a day. That's it for me. No point missing gears and taking corners incorrectly after you are tired. You could end up where you don't want to be. Relax, enjoy the ride. It's about the journey not the destination.
Thanks all , it was an action packed trip back to melb / bendigo ,make it back with ten min spare to pick up kids from school , I struggled a bit sat night n Sunday riding ,ass realy sore but I left near Canberra and just had to get home 800 or more ks ,every now and then stood up on the pegs for a bit to stretch legs and normal fuel stops and ended felling heaps better .back was fine all trip long ,it was a bit funny how much the neck was cracking after spireted stints :)
You have def tested out your new ride now lol
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
2550 kms in 27 hours, Newman to Geraldon to mount magnet to Newman was a but short so did a few laps up and down to Capricorn roadhouse as I didn't feel like riding to Auski or headland to clock 3000 as a test for myself as I chatted with some guys on the ironbutt forum as they reckoned that I would start fading after 1000kms.anyway for $45 they were going to give me a cert for 1000 miles in 24 hrs.nothing to prove so I didn't bother with sending them $45 though I have all the necessary paperwork.
Merino wool uppers/bottom, full leathers,chest/back protectors and for me the key is relax, relax and breathe and breathe.hydration is key as well.
If you like long distance riding there is a mob called Farriders in Oz who ride 1000kms in 24 for a coffee or something
Enjoy the riding! If not there is no point for me.
Don't tempt fate,TAUNT IT!

I got from Phillip Island to Newcastle last weekend in one haul - 1160km in 12.5 hours including fuel stops and the traditional snack at the big ass sheep at Goulburn. I felt like I could have easily done more. My knees were a liitle painful after about 7 hours, but a short walk & stretch at a fuel stop fixed it for the rest of the trip.

Taking the M34 wasn't nearly as much fun as the coast road going down, but I had to do what I had to do :)

For the record, I got through Sydney (including Pennant Hills Road) without any red lights and any significant traffic. It's never happened before. Probably will never happen again!
I own a Hayabusa!
heres a link for farriders too
http://farriders.com.au/index.php
Cheers, Pete� Coolafro
Do not click here
Today:

Werribee/Anakie/Meredith/Ballarat/Ararat/Halls Gap/Warnambool/Great Ocean Road/Torquay/Werribee.
824km. Only a sore neck from hitting a big fat Magpie at triple digits, right in the visor and chin.
Hey, Collingwood has enough troubles without busa riders ploughing them down LOL
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
(04-03-2015, 06:52am)Batfink Wrote: Hey, Collingwood has enough troubles without busa riders ploughing them down LOL

He didn't make it to the judiciary though, straight to execution. Lol3 Lol3
1400 Ks in a day is my longest ride. Adel, to Syd. Yesterday.
Great pics Tony. I love doing that sort of km's for a quick day trip too. I just love riding so much and am to lazy to stop and take photo's. I just keep riding past thinking that spot would make a good photo but am enjoying the ride too much to stop.