Foton Tunland 4x4 review
thats a cool feature to have there Batfink! :)

I likey!
[Image: nocensorship.gif]
As they explained it to me... as the back can take a tonne it makes the back drop and headlights point up tot he stars so the pitch allows you to drop is down. I can attest there is plenty of adjustment as I had it set for a load which made the top of the lit area only 11 metres from the bumper LOL
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
A lot of cars have been fitted with this function over the years.
The oldest one I know of is from Citroen's back in the 30's.
Not only were they height adjustable, but they also turned with the steering wheel for cornering.
I'm sure there's much older though.
If I remember rightly, most Merc's have this feature as well, at least from the 70's onwards.

Here's something I didn't know:
Self-leveling headlights are already required on new cars in Europe, and they're required on all U.S. cars equipped with bi-xenon headlights. Bi-xenon lights are so bright that they would blind other drivers if they didn't level themselves.
Nearly 4000 Ks done and I have a couple of Ggrrrrrrs
1. The headlight beams are to low. I know I thought I fixed this peeve but with daylight savings over and recent night driving in bum f*** nowhere I found that on low beam I can't see any road reflectors past the beam limits. It has a very hard and defined upper beam limit which is great for not blinding others but it is limit that stops residual light outside this limit which stops lighting up reflectors further down the road. Goes into dealer tomorrow to see if it is at right height and adjust it up on request.

2. Had my first flat today and then promptly found that the supplied jack cannot be used to change tyre. Put at the recommended lift point it ran out of lift before the FLAT tyre was even unweighted.... As the proper lift point is on the chassis and the suspension travel is very good I moved it to under the hub wishbone.. But jack was to tall to fit until I dug out 20-30mm of ground, then while I could remove flat it was still not high enough to fit spare???? Fuckng idiots!! I will be asking for a replacement telescopic jack tomorrow too lol
Otherwise the vehicle is great in every other respect.. More power NIW run in and fuel economy is good 8.3lt/100ks with basterd driving on hilly, windy roads being stuck at 60 due to idiot drivers (others not me lol)
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

Alias Stu

Growing old happens.
Growing up is a choice!
Back from dealer garage and, while not checked, the headlights were low and have been adjusted up so hopefully issue 1 is solved.... Now for some hi LUX HID globes lol

As for the jack issue.... Well a report has been sent to distributor and I will be hounding them for a result but as I basically told the service guy
If your tyre wall is 170mm (265/65) and your jack has a travel of about 120mm there is no way you can both take off a deflated tyre and put on an inflated tyre. In my opinion a vehicle with no usable jack is a stranding waiting to happen. I also suggested they will be capable for any extra expense if thus happens now they have been notified lol
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

Just clicked over 5000klm with only some minimal issues (yes still waiting to see what they are going to do about a useless jack) and got back from a good 700K run on the weekend. lots of different roads from straight boring Highway to twisty gravel and everything in between (even got it on a track which freaked out the missus lol). Over all the fuel cost was 65lt which I think is good. The motor has really smoothed out now it is run it and cruise control has lost a majority of its surging but not as smooth as the old VY wagon lol
I did find when checking over the vehicle when we got back (who knows how to convince your missus to wash a dual can lol) I did find that where the number and front guard panels meet at the headlight a small section has popped out. I pushed it back in but with very little pressure on the front number it pops back out again. So back to dealer LOL I will say to date they have been very good to check and fix any issue I find, let's see how they like bodywork fitment issues!!!!
Still very impressed with the girl. Loved overtaking new single cab Hilux that were peppered all over the NW coast (and the boys driving them wasn't impressed lol). This was definitely not a economy run.
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

What's got more km's on them Tony. the bike or the car?
By the way, did you get your bike on the 25th of April last year?
Bike has 6500, 4x4 has 5200 LOL
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

Been a while and a lot of K's since I last wrote about the Foton.....

Well it has now driven to WA and back last November which has now bumped the Odometer up to around the 25,000klm mark (a lot more than the bike LOL)
Before we left for the trip Foton issues a product recall and replaced the jacks on all their vehicle. Seemed some obnoxious prick jumped up and down so much they had to listed and do something HAHAHAHHAhahaahahhaaaaaaa

For the trip the back was loaded with Bee and luggage. On the trip over I suspect we had around the 550kg mark loaded up including passengers. On the way back probably closer to 750kg with our son and his luggage PLUS shopping LOL. There was only 1 incident for the whole trip. Cutting through the back hills of SA on the way to Port Augusta I was overtaking an old farm truck and had the clutch slip for 1/2 a second. Freaked me out as I knew how many K's I still had to go. The rest of the trip was spent babying the clutch more and didn't get another slip. Even on the way back with more weight and my son driving (an 18 yo only knows WOT or nothing) there and back it never slipped again. When mentioned to the Dealer they got it in for an adjustment and I have put it to the test since with no sign of slipping.
I can also say that the tyres supplied with the 4x4 are doing real good. Lots of grip and slow wearing. Add tot hat my lack of traction control means I can still have a bit of fun off road and in the wet (the boy in me always enjoy some sideways action LOL).
I did find out that on sand my Foton could out pull a Colorado when he got his boat trailer stuck on the beach lol (I don't think he knew how to turn off traction control)
There has been a few small issues with the vehicle which have so far all been rectified by the Dealer and I put in the box of any vehicle having the same little things wrong.
A real plus is my fuel bill..... with the Commodore I was using about $50/fortnight just to run to work and back plus a little driving on the weekend. Now it seems I am spending about $50/month to do the same. This saving has covered the cost of rego and insurance LOL
Impression to date.... some small quality issues need to be addressed but the power, ride and comfort of the Foton is great. YES I would buy another one again.
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

Leaving you more money in the bank to go towards the Hayabusa turbo kit......
I like your thinking there Batty..................lol
or a nice Copper... or a Gen 3.. or a........................ LOL
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1