Newcastle to Phillip Island (WSBK) Ride
Hi everyone, this is my first post on the forum - I hope this goes into the right section.

I'm heading to Phillip Island for the Superbikes at the end of the month. Then plan is to leave on Wednesday 18th from Newcastle and take a leisurely trip along the coast road, with a plan to arrive at Phillip Island on Thursday evening or Friday morning. The return trip is the traditional (boring) inland route leaving just after the race so I can get back to work on Tuesday.

If anyone's interested in catching up for part or all of the trip, pm me and I'll send you my number.

Bow

'08 Stock Busa
I own a Hayabusa!
Hi bowdog

There will be a few of us down there. I will be leaving narellan at about 8 on the 18th. Heading throught the mountains and arriving on the island Friday. I think we will organise a meet and greet on the Sunday. I'm on a white 09. Say hi if you see me cruising around.
I'll be there all weekend too.
Camping out.Zone 2
silver amarok with roof tent.
Taking Busa on the trailer to ride around
Maybe catch up somehow?
Hope to head down Sunday for the day,maybe meet somewhere in the morning, and ride to the track or meet there, somewhere:)
I owe I owe,so it's off to work I go!!!

Sounds good everyone, hope to see you there :)

My plan is as follows:

Depart Newcastle at 5pm-ish Wednesday, down the M1 through Sydney and camping in Nowra area.
Thursday continuing coastal down the Great Ocean Road, staying coastal after Sale (A440) to Woodside. I'll continue pushing to Phillip Island if I think i can make it before dark. Otherwise, camping at Reeves Beach and an early push to arrive at Phillip Island for practice day.

Easiliy do-able at the speed limit either way, but I'll let the bum, back and legs decide the final plan on the road.

I just finished making a tail bag to hold the tent, so hopefully it will weather the trip :)

See you there!
I own a Hayabusa!
Will be down there Saturday. Will be hanging around between Siberia and Lukey. Purple Gen 1.

BTW, does anyone know if you can buy a one night pass for the campground? The website only lists the weekend campground pass.