Batty's Tour of Tassie 2016 - 1/02 to 6/02
Got exact dates organised yet?? Read
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
Let's see what happens when I say......

Melb - D'port Sunday 31/01/16 night sail
Monday 01/02 - Saturday 06/02
D'port - Melb Saturday 06/02/16 night sail

Should allow time for those that need to get to boat to be able to ride there and back on weekend.

You can either book boat yourself or I can ask for deposit to group book now. Be warned that there are over 5000 bikes scheduled to be in Tasmania for mid/late February so to guarantee a place on the boat I suggest looking at doing it now.
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
(07-04-2015, 10:32am)Batfink Wrote: Let's see what happens when I say......

Melb - D'port Sunday 31/02/16 night sail
Monday 01/02 - Saturday 06/02
D'port - Melb Saturday 06/02/16 night sail

Should allow time for those that time to get to boat to be able to ride there and back on weekend.

You can either book boat yourself or I can ask for deposit to group book now. Be warned that there are over 5000 bikes scheduled to be in Tasmania for mid/late February so to guarantee a place on the boat I suggest looking at doing it now.

Is it leaving late Jan or Feb Tony?
You've got one or more of the dates F'd up.

OOpps...no 31st if Feb.
Fixed, leaves on eve of February
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

I know it will come around quick, but it seems like such a long way away now.
(08-04-2015, 06:22pm)Batfink Wrote: Fixed, leaves on eve of February

So it's Jantember the 32nd?
Alias Stu

Growing old happens.
Growing up is a choice!
hey batty your dates & days don,t match
myself & dave will be looking at these dates
leave melb on 30th Friday
arrive d/port on 31st Saturday
leave d/port on 5th Thursday
& get back to melb on 6th Friday so we have plenty of time to get home
so what do you think about them dates I know I miss the 1st one & 2nd one wasn,t looking that good for me either
I,m really keen to get back down there so have a look at your dates & see what you come up with
cheers wayne
Will I Ever Learn ??? Probably Not Police
To answer some questions.....
I can get the itinerary of the Ulysses Club rides to make sure we don't get held up, but as I am looking at first week of feb and their AGM is about 19th we should be okay. However the boat loves being booked out at this time of year with last minute tickets going for $250 + bike one way.
The big benefit oof organising a group booking (16 min) is that with a $500 deposit for whole group beds and bikes are guaranteed for $133 + bike one way. Final payment about 8 weeks prior to boarding.
Even with 5000 extra bikes on the roads there are literally thousands of kilometres of other roads to ride and we will get to play on some of the best.
I am going to be pricing accommodation in next few weeks and then it all gets serious.
Packages will be put up within a month with deposits being asked for each package....
I will be making nothing from this, just a chance to enjoy the roads down here with a heap of like minded riders. I will however be asking for a one off payment of $20 to cover breakdown/packhorse vehicle over the entire 6 days of riding.
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

Hay Wayne, I did change a stuff up on my part, was looking at starting at Devonport Monday morning 01/02 so that those from your area and SA can use weekend to get to boat... Then finish back at boat the following Saturday. There will be a rest day on West Coast that you could skip (those not wanting to really rest will be playing on the great West Coast roads that day lol.
The final day was just to ride up NW tip of Tas then back to boat... So technically you could spend day playing with others then about 3pm pack up bikes and head off to boat a day early.

Hope I got the dates right this time
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

sorry batty my mistake with the date looked at wrong year
wayne
Will I Ever Learn ??? Probably Not Police
Hope you didn't use the official tasmanian Calender? I think next year it is officially 1976 lol
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

Dates are now set.....

Ride starts with group get together 7am Monday 1st Feb at Spirit of Tas exit point and ends about 5pm Saturday 6th Feb back at Spirit of Tas.

So 6 days of riding, or sight seeing with plenty of time for extra stuff. With daylight savings there can be up to 4 hours of extra ride time when we reach each nights stop. I will have plenty of ideas of loops and roads to explore for those wanting to play more.
For those not used to multiple days of riding there is a lay day on west coast where you can sight see or take an adventure mine tour instead if riding... Of course for the riders there are hundreds of kilometres of roads o play on.
Each day everyone will be given the daily map which will highlight stopping points for grouping and for those using navigators I will be doing a group route inputting each night. With no real idea of which locals will join us I will be primarily Back Stop Charlie and available on mobile when I have reception (many places in Tas there is no mobile) and the back up vehicle will also be available to call directly. For those wanting to do TASSIE at warp speed the maps will also have many alternative roads to try so you keep on riding.
Many mention Tassie as a bucket list ride so I will also add a list of touristy things to stop and see, take pics, and divert too not far off main route.
Being a large variety of riders and visited expectations all I ask is we all allow each other to experience it how each wants. I will do my best to make it the best experience I can... I do love to ride and tour this State!!!!
For questions call me on 0476 371 200
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

Franko is .....IN!!

(or is there another post/list I should be putting my name on Tony?)
you can tell this is a classy place.....
the graffiti is spelt right.....!
Starting a list of attendees so I can start talking shop to accommodation people...
So far I think I got

YES
Franko
Wayne
Dave
Volvi
Dave & Meg
Paul
Ward & Kathy
Corbin
Scott
Heidi

Plus 2 from another forum

Chime in if you want your name on this list.... No commitment just so I can see numbers.
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

Or you can also register your interest on a dreaded Facebook events page

https://www.facebook.com/events/341445742727344/
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1