loss of power
I only ride as fast as my angel can fly.(A Blue Angel)
hey mate, shes stock standard as far as I know. yeah was thinking the same about the low k's but I guess if I get her in for a service then they can look at it, any idea what the cost is to replace plates?
Did it feel like the clutch was actually slipping or just a power loss above 4,000 rpm? Are you running an external fuel filter? You should feel a difference between a slipping clutch and no power. If you are not getting the fuel flow to supply high speed pulls it will feel like a loss of power cus it is! Air restriction?
No one ever learned anything by doing right the first time!
I only ride as fast as my angel can fly.(A Blue Angel)
Could be the filters...in the pump. I run fuel system cleaner through mine every six months or so to try and avoid fuel filter problems as taking the pump out is a pita enough....flushing the internal filter can be a hit miss affair and a new pump is a fairly expensive item. A work around is possible with an external inline filter to replace the internal non serviceable one.
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast
Here's a quick way to tell if your clutch plates are slipping. Remove your oil filler cap, stick your nose near the filler hole and take a sniff. The smell of slipping clutch plates is unmistakeable. Smells like a slipping clutch! Or overheated brake pads.

If you have worn clutch plates then there is a reason as to why they've started slipping at 24,000 km. Replacing the plates won't fix the problem. Busa plates don't wear out at such low mileage for no reason. Also, slipping plates don't make a noise like 'chunky tarmac'. That description rings alarm bells to me.

I could offer several reasons as to what has happened to your bike. But without laying my hands on it and going through a process of analysis and diagnosis I'd just be guessing. If you're time poor I'd just trailer it to whoever is going to do the next service and explain to them your symptoms.

Good luck!

Camel
Thank you mate, yeah I think that's my option to send it away for a makeover Very Happy , could even come out with a few extras haha. Even thou I wouldn't mind pulling it apart myself and learning my bike I feel a; it could take awhile and b; could cost me more in the long run with the trial and error approach and then theres always the warranty thing. Is there any bike shops you recommend to work on her? Im North of river, but don't mind traveling for good service like savage or causeway. Thank you again
You're quite welcome to pop over to the Busa Bunker and see engine gore for yourself, I've got about half a dozen dismantled busa engines here at the moment. In your case I'd stick with the dealerships while its under warranty. To be honest I only buy bits off Savage and Causeway, never had anything to do with their mechanics or workshops.
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .