Swann/QBE/Aurora insurance
let me add a name to this thread ,totally forget shannons ,i just canceled my policy bc the assessor was an idiot ,and only wanted to turn my bike into a stat writeoff ,the assessor ,just couldnt be bothered to come and look and wouldnt call me ,i spoke to a shannons phone operator, only to be told that the assessor had decided that my bike was f****d ,without even speaking to me! so i spoke to a supervisor,and cancelled the whole kit a caboodle, im over it ,ive payed for 4 yrs and im getting back 34 bucks
Batfink, Thanks for the Famous link. They came in at $897. Almost $200 cheaper than QBE.
Bikes in the stable:
2012 Hayabusa in black
2008 R1200GS in silver
My history is no good, but this year swan under halved it! And after I wrote my 2010 off... Under about $1900- couldn't believe it-and I've got an impound inside the '5yrs' they all ask about... Bargain for me.
(15-02-2013, 05:43pm)Delirious Wrote: QBE just quoted me $1,092 fully comp for a brand new '12 model Busa and $264 3rd party. Bike valued at $16.5k. 10yrs riding history, maximum no claims and no points. Fully comp also includes $4k of gear cover.

I'm divided. As it is a toy (2nd bike) I might just go 3rd party and if I lose it through something silly of my own fault then I lose it. Then I look at the bike, brand new and all that, and it makes me think I should put fully comp on it.

Cheers,
Delirious.

Its approx $3/ day. Less than a cup of coffee.for 3 bucks u get peace of mind when you ride or don't ride. My 2 c.u drop it in the drive way and may spend more than a years insurance.

Don't tempt fate,TAUNT IT!