RIP OFF!!!
I got a quote with NRMA full insurence, iam 20 and i got quoted $6,935. HA HA HA what a joke. Fire and Theft is just $300. <i></i>
NRMA has gotten worse recently. They also have that "bidding for repairs" deal with panel beaters, so your bike gets towed around Australia to whoever says they can repair it the cheapest...

I had my WRX with them but changed because of this.

I think they had quoted me $4500 for Busa insurance (I'm 35 with perfect record!)
"sometimes, crime does pay"

Shareholder
Easyrider Imports
www.easyriderimports.com.au

<i></i>
Is it worth having full insurence? or Fire and theft? I mean you can be really really carful where you park and etc. But then again you cant predict the future. <i></i>
I hear what your saying Chunky but when you consider that if your bike falls over or more likely gets knocked over by some dickwad the repairs are going to be in the vicinity of $5000.
You have to take whatever risk you can afford I'm afraid.
Rgds BUSGO
<i></i>
Insurance is a waste of money...

...until you need it.

Chunky, if your bike got stolen, dropped, etc, would you still have transport? Could you still do your work? Would you be able to deal with not having an insurance payout?

Both Busgo and I have had our bikes damaged in the last 12 months by idiots while we had them parked (just in a cafe like me, wasn't it Ray?)

(maybe the moral of the story is to get insurance only if it's a red/black)

Shareholder
Easyrider Imports

<i></i>
But 6k for insurence a year. Bit heavy for me. I might just go for fire and theft. Also the thing that pisses me off is that it depends where you live. I compared it to my misses address at Wattlegrove, its like 2k cheaper than here at sydenham! <i></i>
Have you tried Western QBE and some of the others?
I'm sure you'd get it cheaper... <i></i>
I tried AAMI, GIO, NRMA Pretty much the same prices. I will give QBE a ago. <i></i>
$6000 is a RIP OFF. Maybe it would be cheaper to move to a safer location.
(Like OUT of Sydney)
Quality of life improves when you get 100klm out of the city.

Rgds BUSGO
<i></i>
How did you go finding insurnace Chunky?

I just renewed mine with QBE. Had a look at Shannons and they were only a tad more expensive. I would've gone with Shannons because I wasn't happy with the service I got from QBE, but insurance had expired 2 days ago and I realised I had been riding all day today without insurance!!!

I renewed with them because I could do it immediately over the internet, but next time I WILL shop around...

Employee of the Year
Easyrider Imports

<i></i>