my quotes: 35yo, '05 busa, Max NCB, 8k kms annual use
Shannons: $943 agreed value $16.5k
(limited use not as commuter but covers prof course on tracks but not track days)
QBE: $754 $1k excess, 8k kms use
Aristra: $1180, commuting not more than 3days week.

I am thinking of no insurance as I usually don't insure bikes...but I have previously had bad luck. i.e. I T-boned a car that disobeyed a give-sign 8 yrs ago, wrote off my Paso 906 the driver declared bankruptcy when I engaged solicitors to make my claim (he: unlicenced, unreg'ed, uninsured). I ended up an unsecured creditor and got 10c in the dollar so $1200 for my $12k claim

In Canberra recent post raise my concern about theft, other concern is a small off costing $3k just for fairings. I spose insurance means another T-bone (god forbid) will see me not down $16.5k. <i>Edited by: monyx at: 23/3/06 10:21 am
</i>
Hi Dude,

I insured mine for $21000 60% NCB, 4? yo with QBE. $990 full comprehensive, and I can ride it every day (icludes Ulysses Club discount).

Shannon's didn't want to insure me 'cause I was too much of an enthusiast. <i></i>
Hey monyx my 06 cost me $898 with 60%ncb i'm 39 and they insured it for 20k .thats with shannons basicly same deal as you
Rob <i></i>
Try being 20yo riding a busa, NRMA qouted me $9,000 ... WHAT A JIP! third party is $300 for me!
Feel the force. ANGGI<i></i>
Damn Chunky that sucks big time <i></i>
$9000 !!! Holy Crap !!!! Thats astounding. Being an old fart with 25 years riding experience sure comes in handy. Now, if I could only get back a few more points..... just enough to cover one infringement. Thats not much to ask for is it ??? Riding like a nun is sooooo boring. The older I get, the better I was. Regards.... Rob<i></i>
im with new england insurance $596 full comp agreed value with ulysses discount
W QBE renewal in mail today, $662 with: named rider, $500 voluntary excess, 5% reduced usage discount. TPP only $120, TPP w/ fire & theft $1100! (doesn;t take account of NCB)
monyx Wrote:Shannons: $943 agreed value $16.5k
(limited use not as commuter but covers prof course on tracks but not track days)
</i>

I know this was posted a while back, but you should be aware of this...
Shannons "state" they cover professional courses, but they can't guarantee they will pay for damage! Confused

http://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/...p?tid=7344
john burness Wrote:im with new england insurance $596 full comp agreed value with ulysses discount

I'm with these guys too.
Daily commuter, agreed value ($14k on an 04), $675 with $500 excess incl 10% discount for Busa Club menber.