Help chasing gremlin
Hi guys, hoping someone can help me to find an issue I picked up on the way home from Tathra this year.

Gen 1 bike seems to stall at constant rpm.

Acceleration is fine, slowing fine, but at a constant rpm, seems to lose power, then pick back up, with an occasional backfire. If I continue it will stop completely, then after a minute it will fire up again and away I go for 5mins then it starts up again.

Hardly any mods...... that I know much about, I think Heidi had some work done, but nothing that I could specify...

So any ideas out there?
Tathra 2010 - Best Non 'Busa.
Tathra 2011 - Best Non 'Busa.
Idiot2
If it was a car, I would be telling you to check the ignition module & coil.
How that translates across to a Gen 1 I'm not sure.
Has it still got the catalytic converter in? (original mid pipes)

if so I had 2x cars do the same thing and it was a collapse of the cat, accelerating forces gasses through the cat so it seemed okay but cruising caused a pressure build up behind the cat (motor side) which choked the engine. This caused a (not slow) gradual decrease in power to the point of engine dying, after 5 minutes or so it was back to normal.

The 1st car it happened on was about 15 years old and I ended up pulling the motor apart and rebuilding before I worked out it was as simple as replacing the catalytic converter. Years later when the next car started doing the same thing I replaced cat and fixed the issue fast.

Could be heaps of other things too... but don;t forget the cat LOL
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
Fuel filter would be my first guess...or fuel tank vent.
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast