For NSW is it just Shannons VS QBE?
Is there anyone else that does reasonable insurance?
"sometimes crime does pay"<i></i>
If you are over 40 and don't commute. ARISTA over 40s will cover you with unlimited mileage but not while you are at WSID.
I think you use your bike for work don't you Pan?

Rgds BUSGO

"TAKE MY ADVICE"
I'm not using it anyway!<i></i>
I do use it regularly (and claim it as a work expense )

40? Nah, I got a looooong way to go...

I tried NRMA or someone when I first got the bike and they quote $4500/year... I guess it's just the two of them then...?
I've got mine insured with QBE. No kilometer restrictions, agreed value of $21500 (or is it $22000 mmm) for $990. I'm also over 40 and I told them Max would never ride my bike.

When I enquired with Shannon's "they couldn't" insure me. <i>Edited by: Busdriver&nbsp; at: 26/10/06 14:12
</i>
Give AAMI a go, too. Bit more than Shannons, but certainly they have more features in their policies... <i></i>
Can I ride it then?
<i></i>
Can i follow ? The older I get, the better I was. Regards.... Rob<i></i>
Comprehensive insurance with NRMA veteran,vintage and classic vehicle insurance $574.00 for agreed value of $20 000.00 Braddo
"May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day, and may their arms be too short to scratch."

<i></i>
You are a very bad man Astro! <i></i>
braddo, what are the rules for veteran, vintage, etc vehicle?
How often can you ride it and how many kms can you do?
Took out insurance with Shannons last week. I had a claim through QBE and the repairs were crap. The QBE assessor said "bad luck"... "it's an old bike"... I still have dents and spots on the tank and a scratched tail from the damage, but QBE said, "it was probably pre-existing damage so we won't fix it".

I went with Shannons for about $850/year, which was $120 more than QBE, but they offer more options (agreed value, coverage for chrome bits, alarm, etc) and seems a better service, at least it seems so on paper. They also cover track training days (Superbike school, etc) and they let you chose the repairer...

Hopefully I'll never find out if they are any good!