Petrol tank damage
Went for a ride today with a mate up thru Yarramalong NSW, where we stopped for lunch. Came out to the car perk and some ARSEHOLE has punched or belted my fuel tank and left a massive dent.......some people just don't deserve oxygen........

Thanks
AB
Hi Mate, post a photo and I will tell you if it has a chance of being PDR'd, it depends on where it is dented and if there are any lines, shapes or paint damaged.
I have taken 2 out of my red/black 99, they weren't large but they were fairly sharp, I'm guessing from dropping the bike on its side and getting a handlebar impact.
Ubi est Williams est via

[Image: bd2b8814-b7c2-42c7-8059-0811dae17364.png]
There is no sharp corners or paint damage. I just can't believe someone would do this for no reason
[Image: a3bbac0c96cfb1750b7892257c896d58.jpg]

Thanks
AB
Its a bit hard to tell from the photo but I do think it would respond to being "glue pulled and the raised ridges would definitely "tap down".
Try and find a PDR guy near you and get a quote, then compare that against how much your excess would be if you went the insurance route.
Insurance would supply a brand new tank that the dealer would just bolt on, it would come pre painted by Suzuki.

The PDR guy would be able to give you an indication as to whether the dent would remove 100% or to a certain degree.

Where the dent is, is the most responsive area on the tank for a PDR repair, if the sums work out I would try it.

It was certainly a dog act!
Ubi est Williams est via

[Image: bd2b8814-b7c2-42c7-8059-0811dae17364.png]
Some low life did that to me in the car park at work one day! I found a local guy who drained the tank and then, with the tank in place, worked it out from inside the tank.... Can't see where it was! No need for paint either, just a good cut n polish... done! Best $150 I ever spent! Some of the smaller detail shops may put yu onto the right people. Good luck...
Isn't that the tank cover? If so wouldn't you be able to separate and pop it out with the palm of your hand? as there doesn't seem to be any creasing of the steel?
I"m no panel beater but would Have a look at that?

Just a thought!
Her job is to Bitch!
Mine is to give her reasonYes

VERITAS...SANGUINEM ET HONOREM
If you're game, you could try the old "innertube in tank" trick.
It's self explanatory really, get a car tyre type of tube, stuff it inside the tank near where the dent is, and inflate.
If it's a simple pop out kind of dent it may work.
PS: I have not done this on a bike with a fuel pump so beware of the intank pump and filyter if it has one.
(03-01-2016, 11:19am)Corpsedealer Wrote: Isn't that the tank cover? If so wouldn't you be able to separate and pop it out with the palm of your hand? as there doesn't seem to be any creasing of the steel?
I"m no panel beater but would Have a look at that?

Just a thought!

It's the actual tank, there is no tank cover

Thanks
AB
Compressed air might pop that back out....an old gas cap with a compressed air fitting braised to it could be used? Remove the pump and fuel gauge and seal off the hole with a plate or even use that plate as the compressed air inlet??

good luck
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast
that sux.if u saw them u would be up for assult.dent pullers should get that out.try the guys that remove hail damage for a living.if u attempt to fix it dent pullers wont get it perfect.
Is this a case of implosion where tank valves fail and the vacuum pulls the dent? I just know someone who's whole tank went pop and caved in.
I had the PDR (paintless dent removal) guy come an get a Dent out of a monaro bonnet .....they can work wonders
What ever you do dont try to do it your self tempting i know....Leave it to the PDR man.....
To many scums in the world Knuppel2
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
(02-01-2016, 06:27pm)tickedo Wrote: Went for a ride today with a mate up thru Yarramalong NSW, where we stopped for lunch. Came out to the car perk and some ARSEHOLE has punched or belted my fuel tank and left a massive dent.......some people just don't deserve oxygen........

Thanks
AB

Farkin' lowlifes!!! At Yarramalong of all places!!! Plenty of wombats in the area, but usually I've only seen the four-legged hairy variety!!!
Whaddya mean there's no bourbon left????
Scary Wtf
Sorry to hear that, did you get it sorted ? And how did it happen, sounds like someone hit it with a hammer but, no paint loss and the bike was still on its stand ,hmmm