NSW Green Slip prices
(02-12-2010, 12:46am)bazman Wrote: You guys are all getting ripped off BIG time!!!! Scary

I juz renewed my busa this month, breakdown as follows:

6mths CTP greenslip (NRMA)......$192.70
6mths RTA rego component.......$54.00
Total for 6 months...................$246.70

----------------------------------------
Total 12 months (x2)...........$493.40
----------------------------------------

Shop around guys.....why pay more than you have to!?! Pi_thumbsup

Coolsmiley

Hmmm...I don't know if I could get that price where I live, Baz. I got a 12 month quote from NRMA...$675!! And Allianz wanted $720!
GIO was the cheapest I could find, and they told me that it's all about where you live. If I lived in Bathurst, for example, my CTP would only cost $400. But I live in Sydney, so I pay >$600.
"casting dispersions on others credability." And their illiteracy.
Yeah Rainbow,

I got a discount with NRMA because I have CTP, comprehensive insurance and road service with them on my van as well! If I had home & contents insurance with them as well....I would have fared marginally better, apparently.

They are the best of a bad bunch, for me!

Coolsmiley
(02-12-2010, 03:40am)bazman Wrote: Yeah Rainbow,

I got a discount with NRMA because I have CTP, comprehensive insurance and road service with them on my van as well! If I had home & contents insurance with them as well....I would have fared marginally better, apparently.

They are the best of a bad bunch, for me!

Coolsmiley

I have my House & Contents with Allianz, as well as my two cars...made no difference for the CTP. Bullshit, eh?

Insurance companies are such thieves! I hope my house burns down soon...I can't wait for them to have to cough up the half mill I've insured it for!
NRMA charged me $632 for a CTP. Makes it very expensive with a car thats for sure. Oh and I lost the $80 discount cause I lost 1 point doing 56km/h in a 50 zone in Ourimbah Rd Mosman, which to them means I am not a good driver. So.... I now lose $160 a year for 3 years for that 1 point when it got sorted paying a $89 fine. These insurance companies must be run by ex bankers, rob you any and every way.
Just got greenslips for the three machines through Deb at Monalands insurance. They are on the net.
Gen 2, $350.
Blackbird, $390.
Gsxr 1000, $317.
All slips are going up early in 2011. Say your bike is due in March 2011, you can get your slip in Jan 2011 at the current price and it has a 3 month use by date. Good people to deal with. I have gone via them for a few years now and your credit card details are safe with them. Hope this helps, PaulVery Happy.
(11-12-2010, 11:58am)cyndemgum Wrote: Just got greenslips for the three machines through Deb at Monalands insurance.
Not much good if you aren't a member of the Ulysses Club, though.
From what I could gather from my last conversation with Deb, it does mot matter wether you are a Uselessarian or not. That same group buy type of arrangement they had is now open to all via Monaland. Simply get a quote to verify this.Very Happy Paul.
Ok, seeing as how I started this thread a long time ago (as AstroBusa), I thought I should continue to contribute if I had something worthwhile to say. This year I got a jolt when the Green Slip went up to $704.

I was deeply impressed by the fact that all the little children who were injured in accidents were 100% rehabilitated with the money we pay. Awww. Thats touching. Don't you love it when they soften the blow with some snotty story that no decent human being could argue with? I like the warm glow emitted by all those restored, happy, rehabilitated little people, but I still want to spit chips. Rather than charging US like wounded bulls why not just keep the drunken, drug addled, unlicensed, uninsured, scumbags who drove into them (in their unregistered, unroadworthy pieces of crap) off the frickin' road in the first place? Yeah. That sounds like a good compromise.

Anyway... enough crapping on... NSW Greenslip prices for my K4. I've been a very good boy for at least 4 years now, plus I'm over 50... so you'd expect a discount from the majors... right? Wrong.

BTW - thanks cyndemgum for the reminder about Monalands.

Prices as follows...

AAMI $882 (.... and thats after a discount because I have a vehicle insured with them!)
ALLIANZ $704 (... they've had it since I bought this bike)
Monalands $556 (.... new home.)
(11-12-2010, 02:11pm)cyndemgum Wrote: From what I could gather from my last conversation with Deb, it does mot matter wether you are a Uselessarian or not. That same group buy type of arrangement they had is now open to all via Monaland. Simply get a quote to verify this.Very Happy Paul.

I called them last night. Kevin (very helpful guy!) said that they can't really do much for anyone under 40. BUT...if you are over that age, the discounts are immense. - Wollongong was something like $410. Sydney Metro was around $550.
You are paying these premiums because of all the squids who wreck a two day old bike doing wheelies and stoppies...usually into brand new Mercs or BMWs...or the dirty thieves who nick brand new bikes... sell them for a fraction of what they are worth and stick the proceeds into their arm
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast
Spoke with Deb tonight (at 10pm, she was still there answering the phone! Fantastic!)

As mentioned above, if you're under 40 there really isn't much they can do to help you. Sorry to all you under-40's - I know you already get hit hard for premiums - but 'age 40+' is the primary factor in Monalands achieving a huge discount. If they start messing about they will lose the deal for everyone.

If you're over 40, you are looking at an average saving in excess of $150. For example - if I hadn't shopped around and had accepted the AAMI quote, I'd be paying $320 more. The Allianz quote was $150 more. So spending a few bucks to join the Ulysses Club really shouldn't be any impediment. (Actually, they never even asked for my member number and I left it blank on the online application because I can never remember it)

NOTE : They will also do Green Slips for your CAR. So you could be saving even more.
(13-12-2010, 10:54pm)Astro Wrote: Ok, seeing as how I started this thread a long time ago (as AstroBusa), I thought I should continue to contribute if I had something worthwhile to say. This year I got a jolt when the Green Slip went up to $704.
I was deeply impressed by the fact that all the little children who were injured in accidents were 100% rehabilitated with the money we pay. Awww. Thats touching. Don't you love it when they soften the blow with some snotty story that no decent human being could argue with? I like the warm glow emitted by all those restored, happy, rehabilitated little people, but I still want to spit chips. Rather than charging US like wounded bulls why not just keep the drunken, drug addled, unlicensed, uninsured, scumbags who drove into them (in their unregistered, unroadworthy pieces of crap) off the frickin' road in the first place? Yeah. That sounds like a good compromise.
Anyway... enough crapping on... NSW Greenslip prices for my K4. I've been a very good boy for at least 4 years now, plus I'm over 50... so you'd expect a discount from the majors... right? Wrong.
BTW - thanks cyndemgum for the reminder about Monalands.
Prices as follows...
AAMI $882 (.... and thats after a discount because I have a vehicle insured with them!)
ALLIANZ $704 (... they've had it since I bought this bike)
Monalands $556 (.... new home.)

Did the ring around for mine yesterday, the best I could get was
GIO $511 with a clean licence & no insurance claims
Looks like the protest ride against CTP slips to Canberra was a waste of time. Us Aussies are getting ripped off in so many ways, at our work we had to to fight with our c3$% government employer for a $50 dollar a week payrise which does not keep up with rising costs. Labor government my ass.
[/quote]

Did the ring around for mine yesterday, the best I could get was
GIO $511 with a clean licence & no insurance claims
[/quote]

Ditto, got about same quote from GIO....fark CTP is expensive
Hi all. Just found out a little more about greenslip prices on the gen2. If you quote the engine capacity as per the rego papers, thet being 1300, you will be charged more for the greenslip. If the slip provider is aware that it is 1340 cc it will be cheaper. 1325 cc is the point where the price goes down. In my case 1300 cc would have been $391, as a 1340 it was $355. Hope this helps, Paul.