Brembo discs fitment for gen1
Hi guys
Looking at buying these 2nd hand off another forum..
guy says they will fit 01-04 gsxr 1000, 01-05 600/750 and possibly earlier models 96-00 and are 320 mm
will they fit my 2000 busa
i have stock discs there and they have exact pcd measurements and look the same and all holes line up
but if i go to fit them will i run into problems??
Should be good if they are the same holes/pattern.
Check the minimum thickness. From what I recall, the OEM are 4.5mm minimum, but my Brembos were thicker (5.0 minimum?). Shouldn't make a difference though.
There 5mm
Like brand new
Thanks mate
They fitted...
[Image: 20160106_131938_zpsv3pph9ss.jpg]
Awesome. Feel better, worse or the same?

I have a different look, but same set up

[Image: 20140618_203740_zpsjwvbqqhe.jpg]
Only had a short spin...
Same feel as other aftermarket discs in the dry but braking was non existent in the wet before think they were cheap Chinese discs.
Will let you know what Brembo are like in the wet
I'm hoping there better.....
I'm hoping it's the same in the wet as the dry.
People tell me the Brembo pads are superior to ebc hh.
Took it for a short spin tonight
Amazing diff in the dry as the pads start to bed in....
Took it out in the rain
Same as before horrible noise and no bite till water disperses. ..I'm thinking the pads must be glazed maybe
Wot do you guys reckon?
(19-01-2016, 04:53am)iano Wrote: Took it out in the rain
Same as before horrible noise and no bite till water disperses. ..I'm thinking the pads must be glazed maybe
Wot do you guys reckon?

Hard to say. Mine are scary in the wet because they grip too much. Maybe it is the pads...
G'day
Mine is all stock (EBC pads) and a bit scary in the rain because first the water has to be dispersed. A split second is all. And after that it seems pretty good. Like dry. I always thought that split second would be present in any combination...
Regards
Kevin
99 bus
15 bus

Not trying to derail your thread Iano, but was wondering what setup you have there pan?
Ohlins forks, adaptors almost the same as iano, Brembo monoblock calipers, Brembo disks similar to iano
Ok, thought the ohlins might of been retro fitted rather than model specific and the callipers off a 10/1198.
Wasn't sure about the rotors.
Cheers.