Shannons
Shannons now do motorcycle insurance
I am currently with Frith the policy has just come due and has jumped from agreed $17,000, $735.91 premium last year to nearly $903.20 premium this year

60% no claim on both

Shannons are doing agreed $17,000 for $611.39 premium
I'm moving to them !

www.shannons.com.au/insurance/bike/

OHZONE
Could be (a colorless gas (O3) soluble in alkalis and cold water; a strong oxidizing agent; can be produced by electric discharge in oxygen or by the action of ultraviolet radiation on oxygen in the stratosphere (where it acts as a screen for ultraviolet radiation))
Or maybe he's just some Wanker in WA !.<i></i>
You beat me too it OhzOne.

I got off the phone with Shannons today as well.

They quoted me $686 for an agreed value of $18k with no charge for monthly payments.

Another bonus is they Insure Turbos Bikes, as long as it is legal in your state for only an extra $70 at the same value.

The only catch, is your yearly mileage must be about 8k but they dont check and it will only be an issue if you claim.

Shayne <i></i>
Ok just got off the phone with Shannons and t fully insure me at agreed value of $22,000 with $3000 coverage for riders aparel and $1500 for pillion aparel $759.14 / year or $63.26 monthly

Guess who is switching over tomorrow Regards Bill

"Secret Mod Group Is Kicking Butt"

Busa's Rule On The Rest<i></i>
shannons for me i pay $954 for $20000
$500 excess
i thought it was pretty good. its all just money as long as it suits the owner <i></i>
Sounds great. Shannons were at the Road Warriors Cafe on Sunday doing the free breakfast and handing out brochures. I'll definately give them a call when I'm due for renewal.

I only have 3 concerns - and none of them are major.

1) These premiums will be "introductory specials" to get us to move. I guess they become just as expensive after a year or two.
2) Does anyone know what they are like to deal with if you have a claim ?
3) The 8000km restriction. Don't be fooled into thinking they don't check. They may not always do it, but they have authority to go to the RTA and find out your odo readings at each rego renewal for the 3 years prior to the claim (Western QBE does this too - you give them authority to do it within the policy apparently) and if you exceed it in any of those years, you could have problems. Mind you, I only do around 8000 a year so I should be ok.

These concerns won't stop me from checking them out and possibly moving - besides, they're injecting some much needed competition into Motorcycle insurance, so hopefully we will all benefit. The older I get, the better I was. Regards.... Rob (Astro)<i></i>
Quote:have authority to go to the RTA and find out your odo readings at each rego renewal

How do the RTA know this??? Do NSW people have to quote it every year? <i></i>
It is recorded when you take your bike in for roadworthy inspection, that we have to have every year to renew rego.

Rgds BUSGO

"TAKE MY ADVICE"
I'm not using it anyway!<i></i>
f***, really. And I thought this was the state... <i></i>
road worthy inspection every bloody year, u gotta be kidding. ermm you can keep your harbour, I'll suffer bracks. <i></i>
Roadworthys.
Yep they can be a pain in the arse and cost about $20 for a bike and $26 for a car.

At least they keep the majority of unroadworthy vehicles off the road, unless the owner knows someone who is prepared to pass an unroadworthy as a favour and then take the risk of a heavy fine and losing their testing licence.

Another pain is that if you live in NSW and buy an interstate or unregistered vehicle you have to get an Engineers certificate (Blue slip) to verify Eng and Frame #s plus compatability with state compliance laws before you can register it.
Rgds BUSGO

"TAKE MY ADVICE"
I'm not using it anyway!<i></i>
Are we the only state that does the odo readings at each rego renewal ? We also have to provide braking efficiency readouts from some little machine they sit in your front seat while they do a brakes test (cars only).
The older I get, the better I was. Regards.... Rob (Astro)<i>Edited by: AstroBusa at: 2/3/06 10:50 pm
</i>
Changing over to Shannons also have been with Arista for 4 years with no claims they can go and get you know what, they have put up there rates up by $200 in one year.
In their cover also cover up to $3000 on riding gear.
Cheers Robert
Aren't all 'busas Copper, the others are just a poor slow copies !!!!!<i></i>
Ps you lurkers from the insurance company that work for Arista,
Shannons are looking for staff you better jump ship while you can before it sinks........................
Cheers Robert
Aren't all 'busas Copper, the others are just a poor slow copies !!!!!<i></i>
What's a "roadworthy"? <i></i>
just thought I would post this from Shannon's site ...!

Sorry, we do not offer insurance if:

Your car/bike is used primarily for business use, or
Your car/bike has not been insured in the last 30 days, or
Any of the drivers/riders have lost their licence in the last 5 years, or
Any of the drivers/riders made more than 2 motor claims in the last 5 years or
Any of the drivers/riders have had more than 3 traffic infringements &/or offences (excluding parking fines) in the last 5 years
You are currently bankrupt or in receivership.
If you do not meet these criteria, please call us on 13 46 46 as we may still be able to help you.

Counts me and I reckon half the Members out!

Cheers,
Pete

djpete@tpg.com.au

Z Web World
Mobile Dj, Web Design,
Photography, Bullshit Artist!<i>Edited by: Djpete&nbsp; at: 9/5/06 10:16 pm
</i>