Gen II equipment in which years?
G'day
So, my questions are really:
which model got ABS as standard?
which model got brembo as standard?
which models go with which colours?
any other significant spec changes I should know about?
:-)
Regards
Kevin
99 bus
15 bus

(25-02-2016, 07:51am)kev11e Wrote: G'day
So, my questions are really:
which model got ABS as standard?
which model got brembo as standard?
which models go with which colours?
any other significant spec changes I should know about?
:-)

Colours vary from year to year and i have not kept up with them.
2008 was the year of the first Gen2. (Orange and black)
2013 was the first year of Brembos and ABS as standard.
2014 bought a limited edition candy red and black. (which also bought in the black levers and exhaust hangers)
I only ride as fast as my angel can fly.(A Blue Angel)
Pretty sure there was a gap year; Brembos but no ABS though
There are a few including my own Gen 2 that is a very late 2007 ...
G check out the resource page. I used it to get every colour scheme available for the hoodies......
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
Brembos arrived with the ABS in 2013. 2012 were fitted with the previous Tokico. Brembos essentially made it the Busa the year after they arrived on the GSXR.

RubbermanThere are a few including my own Gen 2 that is a very late 2007 ...

Suzuki generally manufacture the new model or colour scheme around October or November of the year before, so that they arrive in the country of destination at the start of the year. You will have a 2008 model Gen 2 that was actually manufactured in late 2007 in Japan. The date of manufacture is stamped on the VIN, but the model year will be 2008 in your case. The 2008 colour schemes for the Australian market were a grey/black, Jaffa, Blue and limited red/white (of which there appears to be more of them in Australia than any of the other colours for that year).
^ Huls. You are 100% right in every word.
The 08 model was introduced around the world in the Jaffa colours but the distribution in Australia were equal in Jaffa, Grey/Black and Blue/Black. The first year limited edition was actually introduced halfway into 2008 and almost outsold all the previous colours. So in fact the 08 white was not so limited after all. lol
@Kev11e. I am so glad to see that you may be finally thinking of upgrading mate.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
I bought 2015 black levers and powder coated my hangers. Suzuki should have done this years ago. Love the Busa.
I only ride as fast as my angel can fly.(A Blue Angel)