GoPro Users
Asking ppl in the know re GoPro. Starting to get interested in the idea but the vast amount of units available complicates things for me. Like for a motorbike user which may be best? Difference between GoPro 4 Black and the much cheaper 'Session' series. After watching Delboy's videos with him adding commentary whilst riding etc. am getting interested but want to hear from those who have plenty experience with them to know all the diffs.
[Image: SigPic100.jpg] Copper/Silver - The original, the rest are just copies.
IMO unless you are right into that sort of thing don't bother. Bought a camera used it 3 times and the fad was over.
Sold it.
Sorry just my opinion.
Cheers, Pete� Coolafro
Do not click here
I have a GoPro3, GoPro4 session, Contours and Ghost Drift. I use the Drift everyday as it has a back capture function. If I'm just out for a ride and just want good footage I use the G/P Session. I don't add commentary tho coz I can't get my head around that sort of stuff. I have added a sound track tho. They're good fun to muck around with. If you don't ride often then maybe cheap is better. I play bass so I use the cameras for filming band stuff also.
I only ride as fast as my angel can fly.(A Blue Angel)
Brought video camera to catch my daughter growing up..top of range....just photos now...no time for anyone watch boring video..just my opinion
I prefer a paintbox and watercolours...much more personal touch...lol!
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast
oh and remember that the sound will be horrible with wind noise etc unless you do a mic in the seat or something. That was a big let down for me and I couldn't be bothered modding the mic, although I did try a lot of tricks all to no avail.
Cheers, Pete� Coolafro
Do not click here
I had a GoPro 4 Silver. Never got good video, always scrolling and vibration effected. Tried to put the footage through a vibration remover program... Quad Core with 8 gig of ram and high speed HDD. Still took 5 hours plus to render the thing and the video at the end was not worth shit.... I keep on thinking of trying again... the grass is always greener over the septic tank... But this is my 2c
It's all how you mount it. As some people know me, I use cameras everyday. The footage is fantastic.
Maddogmoy your footage is fantastic. I've mounted cameras and it's turned out crap. You just have to experiment.
I only ride as fast as my angel can fly.(A Blue Angel)
I am also one looking at updating my vid capabilities... and looking seriously at the black edition. Mainly due to it should be linkable to a smart phone to be used as remote.

+100 for experimenting wit mounting points and audio placement.

My first run was using a standard instant digital camera on a hand made mounting bar with base plate sandwiched between mirror mount. Worked well until general wind vidration, bugs and a bit of rain started to kill camera and the universal camera mount also worn out and started to move (this increases vid wobble to the point of being unusable)

Next I bought a Contour, off Volvi I think lol, and have played around with different mounting points but finding somewhere/somehow to mount a camera that gives:
1. great footage
2. doesn't show a ugly mounting array
3. doesn't have a permanent attachment point on a guard/faring
is extremely hard IMO
recently I mounted on visor and even though it seemed stable at speeds over 70 the footage is useless

My reasons for looking at the GoPro black edition is that it's linkable to a mobile, linkable to a blue tooth head set, can plug in a remote mic and has instant video review.

My current mounting idea is to incorporate the mount into the end of a slider/oggy knob????

I am also looking at the sena 10C which is a combined headset and camera.
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
I heard of someone who modded a side mirror with a gopro inside. The Gopro was wired to a USB point on the fairing (inside). Lots of work but would look OK?
I asked Delboy to make a comment on this thread and this is his reply:

Hey Volvi. good to hear from you mate and thanks for your cool message of support, we really appreciate you posting those kind things on your Busa Forum, i had a good read down, both on your intro thread and the Camera thread you started....you lot sound like a proper right laugh, and just what id expect, not only from Busa riders, but Aussies too... My little Brother lives in Brisbane, and he said you are all mad...love it..

Ok, i couldn't post a reply on the thread as im not a registered member, and we get asked to comment on so many forums id never keep track of it all...so how about i post a reply message here, and you can feel free to copy and paste it to your thread from me..?? howzat?.

So Yer tiz..

Hi Volvi.
In my ride videos, i use an old GoPro Hero HD2, the ONLY one with the mic jack hole (although they don't make a hole in the waterproof case, so cant get to it, you have to drill the casing if you want to use it...go figure duh.) and then with the hole drilled, i plug a lapel mic in, (Sony ECM C10 Mic) and cover the mic with a foam/sponge thingy....then stick some velcro inside the chin bar of your lid, (the hooky side) and the foam sticks to it.... then you can film away, and talk as much bollocks as you like, and you'll capture it all...
Hope that helps mate..
cheers all..
Del.
[Image: SigPic100.jpg] Copper/Silver - The original, the rest are just copies.
you can tell this is a classy place.....
the graffiti is spelt right.....!