Why so many deaths?
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-05-16/mo...16/7416552
Cheers, Pete� Coolafro
Do not click here
G'day
The cynic in me says it is a statistical spike, but the cops obviously see it as an opportunity to hound motorcyclists a bit more than usual.
Regards
Kevin
99 bus
15 bus

maybe there has been a splurge of new riders/bikes this summer creating higher numbers of new riders on the roads?

lets face it for cheap commuting with ease of parking and now the ability to move through stationery traffic a bike looks very appealing.
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
(16-05-2016, 01:52pm)Batfink Wrote: maybe there has been a splurge of new riders/bikes this summer creating higher numbers of new riders on the roads?

lets face it for cheap commuting with ease of parking and now the ability to move through stationery traffic a bike looks very appealing.

Not sure about North tony but down my way in Hobart every second bike is a L or P plater So Bike numbers are going up so more bikes means more accidents and does not mater if its a L P or full rider
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
would be interesting to see if the stats include type of bikes.
EG Vespa/scooter type things or full on road bikes too.

Are there any stats on that anywhere?
Cheers, Pete� Coolafro
Do not click here
Bullshit in, bullshit out. It's the media.
Scooter riders on car licences?
Just another legalised form of shakedown to rob us of money.as all ways the stats will be bias toward these unfortunate iccdents having been speed related hence the need to rob and harass all riders in that state.
G'day
I am always intrigued by the fact there is never any attempt to reduce the numbers to a ratio, like deaths per vehicle rego or deaths per 100,000km travelled or deaths expressed as a percentage of licensed drivers/riders...
Regards
Kevin
99 bus
15 bus

and you need to remember these figures also include quad and off road deaths, not just road users
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

A break down of stats....

29 deaths related to riding
18 can be considered rider error
11 can be considered other driver error

8 involve unlicensed riders
2 involved stolen bikes
1 was a dickhead with no gear on a dirt bike on the road
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

so what's your conclusion from that and where are those stats from?
Any links?
Cheers, Pete� Coolafro
Do not click here
driver error seems to be over half of the accidents but no talk about hounding car drivers
as for the last 3 statistics no pity for low life
all you down there in VIC have some of tuffers B/S laws & yet you keep getting a higher road toll each year
wayne
Will I Ever Learn ??? Probably Not Police
Sorry Pete, stats came form trolling the Vic Police sites, Vic roads and newspaper links to glean a bit more info. Some stats were placed in a category due to lack of info....
But basically if bike hit a car thats turning right... "other driver error" , head on was classed as rider error unless further info showed it wasn't, 1 bike rear ending a car I took as other driver error because of situation even though technically it was rider error. Most of the rider errors though seemed to be single bike accidents on corners though 1 looks to be some guy leaving a pub at 2am (I am guessing pissed) and being found in ditch at 9:30am.

The other thing is all the "unrider" stats are actually part of the rider error stats and you cannot tell if there is a combination, eg an unlicensed rider on stole bike

It would be nice if the basic data was generally available that would also break it down by bike type, speed v speed limit, BAC, road type, etc....
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

nice work Batfink
Cheers, Pete� Coolafro
Do not click here