And there is this:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles...p00089.pdf
which is kinda related ...
Regards
Kevin
99 bus
15 bus

jUST HAD A THOUGHT... GOD HELP US lol

I would think if they linked rego costs to level of safety gear & riding behaviours it might be more an incentive than a speed camera...

the thought goes like this...
year 1 = standard rego/insurances
you then add conditions to your license that states what you are willing to wear eg. boots, gloves, accepted trousers/jacket/one piece. This shows up on your license so if you get pulled over and NOT wearing all gear you ststed you would then an official warning and it gets reported to rego/insurance organisations.
year 2 = std costs LESS discount for no convictions and for stat dec on extra gear with no warning occured, if this doesn;lt happen then you pay year 1 again

boots = 5% discount
gloves = 5
jacket = 10
trousers = 8
one piece = 20
clean record = 20

that could be a 50% saving.... WOULD MAKE ME SIT UP AND TAKE NOTICE!!!!!!!
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
reward those that give a shit and do the right thing as well as punish those that break the laws... if the scales were more balanced I think less people would bitch about targeting strategies
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

good idea Batty
Cheers, Pete� Coolafro
Do not click here
bugger Pete... we all know that the good ideas never get past Politicians LOL

but it the benefits outweigh the costs by millions... safety gear reduces medical costs for the mild to mid range accidents and keeping your license clean would either mean your really bloody lucky or are driving/riding by the rules. This will make roads safer, and reduce insurance payout costs for injuries??

Also add advanced driving/riding courses

and all these costs that some people can consider extras would be paid back over a period of years...

though when thinking about the Gov I am sure the standard rego/insurance costs would triple so that the only way for your current costs to stay the same is to do everything listed on a schedule
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

Naaa, the clean record bit brings me undone :)
But by the way, I reckon there is a huge number of unlicensed riders/drivers on NSW roads for one reason or another...
Regards
Kevin
99 bus
15 bus

LOL Kev.. to implement it would have to be retrospective based on year 1... so what you did up to now doesn;t count LOL

I am starting to be a believer of imprisonment for unlicensed drivers... no if's, buts or why's... but then it could be my old(er) age that is making me a crabby ole bastard
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

off topic a bit but I have always advocated for a change to gun laws... reduce the costs associated with getting a license but keep ownership registrar going. The biggest change would be any crime committed with a firearm is automatically 15 year imprisonment with NO parole, then add tot hat what every the conviction is! You do 3 crimes with a firearm.. thats 45 years immediately
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

I wont touch the topic of unfair revenue raising tactics of any State Police force with a 10 foot pole LOL

More thinking if there was a mechanism for people to reduce costs by demonstrating a safe behaviour it might entice more people to do that rather than just use the current wallet bashing for doing something technically wrong.

P.S. maybe I should have become a Statistician LOL
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1