Beware stale fuel
[Image: SigPic100.jpg] Copper/Silver - The original, the rest are just copies.
Pfft these Jap bikes are so finicky...I remember an old BSA I had...it sat for a hundred years with the old fuel in it...started right up... didnt even have to change the oil or the battery was faster than a Busa too!

hahahaha!
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast
1) Sorry to hear about the drama's with copper.
2) Glad to hear it's running properly again.
3) Happy you've decided to keep it.

By the way, how's the ankle now?
was the metatarsals in the foot, 2 were smashed at the tip. but all good now except boot no longer fits with few mills of bone growth lol.

steve its the injectors me reckon that are so finicky.
Yeah Volvi... probably right the old Amal carbs could run vegetable oil and still work hahaha
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast
mmm did I miss something re accident Volvi?
I found it from other post and do remember now.
Cheers, Pete� Coolafro
Do not click here
Those injectors gum up quite quickly, and yes the fuel turns to stale piss. Just look at the colour; see? told ya!
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
I got some very well priced diesel a couple of years ago and have been storing it in jerry cans out the back. Was recently going to slop it into the family Landcruiser to go for a run only to be told the storage life could be as little as 2-3 months then diesel can be explosive to your motor. Loss= 3 jerry cans full. Bugger, but better than blowing the head off the old girl.
bloody fuel!
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
Alias Stu

Growing old happens.
Growing up is a choice!
I used Lucas fuel stabilizer and injector cleaner with the old fuel, it still ran shit. so me reckons dont rely on any plaster fix, just dump the fuker and start with fresh fuel and add a bottle of that caltex techron to clean the gunk from before. as the irishman who wears 2 condoms - to be sure, to be sure.