Batty's Tour of Tassie 2017
I have a deal with the Spirit of Tas and god.... The boat tells me when a busa lands in the State and I tell god to make it rain LOL

AT this stage it looks like nearly the exact same weather including a bit of damp stuff on the Wednesday LOL

As you can see we are doing the State in reverse to last year. This is to change it up a bit to find out what it's like and give the return riders a different view LOL

I am also, unfortunately, not doing on in 2018 due to the house. But I expect to be back into it the following year and maybe every 2nd year after that too. As WA has teh Domination Run I might start up the Thinder Way Doiwn Under Run LOL

This year I am also not going to be on the bike for the whole trip as my body just wont be up to it (might not ever be up tp long/multi day rides anymore? I will have bike on the back so I can do a little bit and if the spot is needed for another bike (god forbid) then I will have to ride.

Looking forward to meeting everyone and enjoying the roads again with great company.
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
The most central place on the mainland would be Ghan, NT or the Mount Ebenezer Roadhouse

imagine 100 busa's in hte middle of nowhere LOL
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

just did hobart, bruny island mona gallery and lots more with some Italian relatives. Had forgotten what a great place Tassy is. We had awesome weather 4 days ago and Mt Wellington view was awesome.
Cheers, Pete� Coolafro
Do not click here
The weather is the big key Pete, specially when on a bike. If it's good then Tassie is perfect for riding but if it turns sour then it feels like winter even in the middle of summer LOL
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

yes hope weather is good for you guys and girls. Have a great safe ride
Cheers, Pete� Coolafro
Do not click here
i'm in. Just booked. Will come back on the Friday though as working Sat night.
Looking forward to meeting everyone and a great time
:-)

so if I could be reminded as to what to bring that would be awesome

and I presume most will be on the departing cruise
Cheers, Pete� Coolafro
Do not click here
Welcome aboard Pete...
what to ring... wel the obvious thing is the Busa LOL
Other than that what every daily clothes and personal items you need for the time here. As long as you can carry all your luguage on your bike for a few KLM you can then put it all in the support vehicle so you can enjoy the ride more.

Weather wise we are looking at low 20's but mainly fine. Bring your thermals as the mornings will be nipple raising LOL.. No need for fancy clothes as anything I book for meals will be with the attitude of wearing bike gear as allowable.

On the day you need to return to boat we will be doing the NE loop... you can put all your stuff in the support vehicle so that it's not at Hotel and we will be back in Launceston by 5pm easily. Devonport is about 65 minutes from Launceston (45 minutes if you don;t mind pushing the limits) so we will get you there by the 6:45 cut-off time. At anytime on the NE loop if you decide to head back earlier I am happy to ride with you so you don;t get lost LOL

You will miss out on day 6 which is a zig zag route from Launceston to Devonport with lunch at Cradle Mountain (most likely) via the Tamar Valley and through Mole Creek.
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

Sounds good. Thanks for that.
Cheers, Pete� Coolafro
Do not click here
I am sooooo envious. What a great time we had last year!
Sure you won't be running it again in 2018 Batty? I mean you might need a bit of R&R away from the building site :-)
Enjoy yourselves!
Regards
Kevin
99 bus
15 bus

I would love to run it again in 18 Kev lol

Sent via Battachat
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

DAY 3

After a couple of days tackling the twisty roads of the West Coast this is a free day for all. Explore the Hobart area or relax and go shopping in Tassie's Capital.
An Ex local, Nathan, has offered to lead a mystery tour for the day or here are some option that might appeal. For anyone wanting to see/find something specific drop me a message and I will organise some maps for you.

Option1
Why not go and see one of the best displays of our convist past in Australia, Port Arthur. Not only is it a great ride but you can spend the day exploring the site and taking in our history.
Of course the next day everyone will do a loop around the peninsular before heading up the east coast.
[Image: Day%203.2_zpsxbvwc6r5.jpg]

Option 2
For something different catch a ferry to the island off the isalnd State, Bruny Island. This will take you to the most South Eastern sealed road in Tassie as well as get to see some great country scenery. It's an experience not everyone gets to try in Tassie lol
[Image: Day%203.5_zpsivcy0ikv.jpg]

Option 3
For a great ride form the sea side to the tallest peak in Tassie try this one. A llop around Charlotte Cove starting, or ending, with a trip up tot he top of My Wellington.
[Image: Day%203.1_zpsanl0gisi.jpg]

Option 4
For the Eco tourist there is nothing more breathe taking than a trip to Tahune Airwalk. Step out on a canter levered walkway into the treetops and experience the views of the birds. Then add to that the ride to and from the Huon Valley and you have one hell of a good 1/2 day ride.
[Image: Day%203.4_zpsfwtsevir.jpg]

Option 5
For the explorers out there you can always ride the most South Western sealed road in Tassie to Strathgordon Dam. It's an unforgettable ride with unpredictable weather and a diverse scenery. You end up at Tassies biggest media controversy of the 80's, damming the Gordon River.
[Image: Day%203.3_zpshhvdtnck.jpg]
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

DAY 4
We escape the traffic of Hobart and begin our trek north via the East Coast. This short ride gets us to Sorell which is the perfect place to start and finish a loop to Port Arthur.
[Image: Day%204.1_zpsplj9za03.png]

Not only one of Australians leading convict sites Port Arthur also has some of the best roads in Tassie. Not so much of hte tight twisties this ride has plenty of medium/high paced sweepers letting you open up and enjoy riding.
[Image: Day%204.2_zpsvsuxftru.jpg]

From Sorell it's another short hop to our lunch stop at Ordford. Coming into the town you have a great scenery of the river on your left and cliff face on your right as they cut the road into the hill after flooding the area with dams.
[Image: Day%204.3_zpsq1qbekzo.jpg]

After lunch we really hit the East coast with a nice coastal ride up to the Iluka Hotel at Coles Bay.
[Image: Day%204.4_zpsaepxbdgq.jpg]

After wetting the lips and looking out over a beautiful bay the last ride of the day is up to Launceston via Lake Leake Highway. Being one of the fun riding roads we also get to do Lake Leake in the morning in the other direction.
[Image: Day%204.5_zps7tl011xh.jpg]
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1