Fuel pump. One way valve??
Hi All
I've just replaced my original fuel pump because it has been making a high pitched noise for months now. I've replaced it with this one
http://www.highflowfuel.com/i-23875582-n...15h00.html

When I went to put the tank back on the fuel in the tank poured out the outlet?? It didn't when I took the tank off to do the work. Would the original have a one way valve in it to stop this. Will it matter?

Thanks AB
I would have thought no fuel will flow while the pump is off...are you sure the fuel came out of the pump outlet and not the gasket....you did replace the old gasket?
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast
Different types of pumps allow/disallow through flow when not acitve and while most vehilces (both injected and carbied) can handle a permanent flow it is normally a safety thing that stops fuel flow unless active.
In short... as long as you got the right pressure when activated it shouldn't make that much difference but I would instal a stop vavle on the fuel line so you can isolate the tank.
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
Alias Stu

Growing old happens.
Growing up is a choice!
Worked out the issue. After trying to work out what was wrong I found an o ring on the bench. It's the one that joins the pump housing to the main housing. DOH.......... Pulled all apart again and put it in and what do you know it works now.
(28-08-2016, 12:40pm)tickedo Wrote: Hi All
I've just replaced my original fuel pump because it has been making a high pitched noise for months now. I've replaced it with this one
http://www.highflowfuel.com/i-23875582-n...15h00.html

When I went to put the tank back on the fuel in the tank poured out the outlet?? It didn't when I took the tank off to do the work. Would the original have a one way valve in it to stop this. Will it matter?

Thanks AB

Good price how much for shipping ??
It was $125 landed
(01-09-2016, 08:50pm)tickedo Wrote: It was $125 landed

3000klm and no problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk