Chain joining link/clip
Anyone in the Sunshine Coast area with a spare o-ring chain joining link/clip they don't mind parting with, or know where I can get one tomorrow? I was just washing mine and found the clip gone! I've got a ride on Monday and might have to be a no show otherwise.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Not me..... Aristotle
Running a clip style joining link on a Hayabusa is just plain crazy, I wont use one on any of my bikes with over 100 HP let alone a 200 HP Busa, get yourself a proper rivet style link before something happens !!
A clip link is crazy on any size bike.
hey guys, Champs is trying to get help with a temp/permanent fix for his missing link clip. Whether or not your should use a clip link on a busa is probably something that needs discussing in a different section.

Can anyone help Champs today?
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
Alias Stu

Growing old happens.
Growing up is a choice!
(04-09-2016, 08:24am)Batfink Wrote: hey guys, Champs is trying to get help with a temp/permanent fix for his missing link clip. Whether or not your should use a clip link on a busa is probably something that needs discussing in a different section.

Can anyone help Champs today?

That maybe so Batty, but the advice given is good advice, should not be using a clip style link on a Bus.
The advice could save him a major drama / headache.
Not disagreeing there duc13

And now his "time" is well and truly over for the emergency help too.

I wonder if there is any actual proof a split link cannot handle the forces of somethign like a busa or is it just..

"I heard form a guy that his mate's........... and thats why you don't use them"

... type of scenario?

I guess the longitudinal force of a pin would be worked out reasonablly simplly (not the real force but a good indicator) but the lateral forces?? love to see the maths on that
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

I've seen a Yamaha R3 throw a chain (at the track) because the clip link failed and that's less than 40hp. I have seen many other people come in after a track session and notice the split pin is no longer on their chain (luckily they noticed it before going back out).
I would call that confirmed Vulgr LOL

I guess idiots like me fail to understand the sideways forces on chains as they seem so linear
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1