Starting Issues
Regulator/rectifier is fried, check the wiring to the regulator rectifier, black plug may show signs of melting. Next; alternator will die if it hasn't already. I'd check the output voltage, should be around 13.6v at 3000rpm.
Thanks for the reply.
On the Gen 2 is this the one located under the swing arm, just in front of the rear tire?
If so, the plug and wiring looks to be fine, apart from covered in dirt and the like.
If this is fried, will this cause the flat battery symptoms when trying to start?
Is there a way to check the regulator to see if it is working or not?
I am thinking checking the voltage is checking to see if the alternator is working, please correct me if i am wrong.
I can get about a week tops out it from a fully charged battery until it decides not to crank over much.
Really appreciate all the help.
Appreciated.
Cheers.
Check the voltage across the battery terminals while running. You must get at least 13.5 vdc which should rise to around 14.5 vdc when the engine rpms are at about 5 to 6k. The regulator will allow the battery acid mix to boil if it is buggered so a battery with low electrolyte will be the evidence of that.

There are ways to check the reg/rec but I am not savvy enough to say how. You may also have a parasitic draw so a stationary engine test will show any drain....expect a tiny bit for the imobiliser light and possibility any memory requirements but it shouldn't be very much. Finally make sure the battery cables are tight and clean....both ends.

Good luck
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast
Your bike should of been part of a recent recall to have the regulator changed.
Contact your local Suzuki dealer with your VIN to have it changed if you haven't already done so.
(this will be free of charge, takes about an hour).
From your description, it certainly sounds as if it's had the dick.
Cheers for the replies.
I did have my bike in at the local dealership about a year ago for a set of tyres and oil change while it was there.
They did a search for any recalls then and said nothing cam up.
Will call back in Monday with VIN to see what is going on then.
Saves actually having to purchase one.
Appreciated.