Mechanic WA
Hey Guys, i'm looking for a mobile mechanic that knows about Busa as i think i've done some damage to No 3 and 4, could be a ring or could be just a gasket

Cheers, Jimmy
Hi mate,
I'm assuming you need a mobile mechanic so that they can come to you.
If it's for an engine tear down, I don't think you're going to find many people wanting to do that outside of their own workshop.
You may find it easier to just trailer it to a reputable mechanic.
As you're in WA, maybe one of the guys can suggest someone for you.
Hey camel.....feel like getting your mitts grubby?
Thanks mate, i wanted a mobile mechanic to come and do a compression test just to get an idea of what the damage could be. Got in touch with Camel yesterday, he's asked me to let him know the results of the test so we can decide what to do, hoping it's nothing too serious
Have you thought of buying your own compression tester?

Supercheap has them from about $40
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
Derek Ball comes highly recommended on other sites such as PSB & ASB. 0438 926 511.
Never think about these things Batfink, its a mate of mine that's coming over to do it at no charge, once done will be in touch with the experts, lucky for me i have me other Busa to fall back on
(14-12-2016, 01:55pm)jgontran Wrote: Never think about these things Batfink, its a mate of mine that's coming over to do it at no charge, once done will be in touch with the experts, lucky for me i have me other Busa to fall back on

99 red? Jimmy?
I only ride as fast as my angel can fly.(A Blue Angel)
yes mate, it's me, has been a while since we last saw each other, thought you'd be on the teddy Bear ride couple weeks ago, Jimmy

Batfink, end up buying my own kit after all, did the compression yesterday and here are the results
No 1 75 PSI
No 2 75 PSI
No 3 48 PSI
No 4 75 PSI
Thoughts????
Are you sure you have the tester bedded corerctly as a Gen 2 (2008+) busa should be between 199-256 PSI with a max deviation of 28 PSI
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

Here is a link to my manuals... they have ALL the info you need

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B67Bu6...G40cmxQWVk
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

Batfink, mine is a GEN 1, i did srew it in properly, i might have a read through and give it another try, thanks for the info
Jimmy
there is a Gen 1 manual in that link too actually you will find the 1999/2000 manual + a 2001 & 2002 suppliment

the PSI for a Gen 1 is
171 - 228
lower limit of 128
max difference of 28
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

thanks mate

here's my thoughts atm
Rebuild my engine with either a 1398 or 1440 kit
Buy another 99 Busa with low kms and swap the engine
Buy just a 99 engine with low kms and do the swap
Thoughts????
G'day
My two bobs worth - looks like it could have had a gutful of dust, so what does the airfilter look like?
And what cost a short motor from Suzuki?
But hard to argue against 1398 or 1440....
Regards
Kevin
99 bus
15 bus

Hey kevin, airfilter wasn't that dirty at all, funny that you're talking about dust, we went out the other day and somehow we end up on this dirt road which we thought was only going to be a short road but end up to be 65 kms long, the worse day of my life, Jimmy