24K Service
So, I had the Bus down at the local dealer the other week for the recall on the reg/rec and he kindly pointed out to me that the 24K service was due.

Was wondering how many here got the 24K service done by the dealer,
I was quoted $1200 for the full monty.

I normally do most of the stuff myself, bar valves and if my gen 1 was anything to go by they never needed shims changed out anyway.

So who's had it done?
If so how much?

Or don't bother and save your money?
I'm thinking this and do everything else in the 24k service and save a shit load of money ;-).

Thoughts?
My Dealer quoted me $600 for 24K service when I bought the bike... only changes will be the increase in parts between purchase and service.
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
Cheers guys, so looks like the dealer maybe asking a little tooooo much lol.

The quote included lubing both swingarm bearings and steering head bearings,
Not sure you'd get that done if they quoted 600?

Not suggesting it would cost 600 extra for those to be done but may explain half the cost.
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
G'day
Reckon each "I" must be worth $50...
Regards
Kevin
99 bus
15 bus

Hi Kev, yeh, going well mate.
Just got back from Dwellingup, saw a couple of Busas there but didn't recognise any faces.
Was going to give you a yell but heard you don't ride any more Coolsmiley Wm .

I'm sure we are talking about the same shop, the last time I was in there was when they repaired the
bike after I'd hit that dog and they did a good job also helped me out by doing the reg/rec (recall)when
I waited so I have no complaints but did wonder how they compared to others price wise.

Am working Kev but doing something completely different Pi_thumbsup .
So Kev, what was the vibration from?
Hey Kev, yeh got the email, but as you know my computer doesn't get along with yours and I couldn't open the attachment.
(21-01-2017, 09:14am)duc13 Wrote: Hey Kev, yeh got the email, but as you know my computer doesn't get along with yours and I couldn't open the attachment.

Sorry mate forgot all about that again... Very Happy

Will resend.

Cheers Kev