Poll: HOW TO CELEBRATE 20 YEARS OF THE HAYABUSA
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
1. do nothing as it's just another year!
0%
0 0%
2. Each State has an official AHC Celebration
23.53%
4 23.53%
3. Have a single AHC celebration somewhere central
76.47%
13 76.47%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Hayabusa 20th Anniversay
Thumbsup 
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
I like the idea of one central meet-up for a 20 year anniversary!! As far as I'm aware, it hasn't been done before in Oz....so why not!?! It might be our very best chance so far for members from BOTH sides of this wide country to finally meet up with each other!!
If everyone gets on board nice and early with this....there is PLENTY of time between now and a set date in 2019 to commit to, save the $$$, and do any personal planning & organising that needs to be done!!
Looking at that particular location....there are a few opportunities for members coming from different states that could easily link up with each other on the way there, and back!!

Footnote: Every year, the Ullyses Club (with [I'm guessing] an average members age of somewhere around 55!?!) has a different venue for their AGM......and their members travel incredible distances FAR AND WIDE to attend!! I just hope and pray that AHC members, when it comes to this important anniversary date....are just as keen (...and as tough!?!) as they are!?! Time will tell....
I agree Baz...

But having 1 large gathering doesnt' stop others from happening either.

If you look over the map then, leaving out Perth, the most central place is Bourke the the Capital cities. If someone can find something more central throw it up PLEASE

Distance in K's from Bourke to:

Adelaide = 1131
Melbourne = 982
Canberra = 725
Sydney = 757
Brisbane = 919

Perth = 3416
Hobart = 1698 (includes mandatory ferry)
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

Bourke?
Wow, that's different!
Regards
Kevin
99 bus
15 bus

And there is this...
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-01-13/ns...ar/8172222
Regards
Kevin
99 bus
15 bus

look sperfect for me still shivering with cold here in Tassie in mid Jenuary LOL

Looks like it cools down a bit by March and early March, I feel, is the best time for a big gathering...

it's not in school holidays so less chance of family holidayers filling up the road

it's in between Australia Day and Easter

I can still do my Tassie tour in February LOL

hasn't got he harsh heat of mid summer but the southern States hasn't slipped into winter mode yet (just)
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

I tell you, there is nothing at Marla worth seeing.
If you are dead set on keeping it central, I would suggest Coober Pedy.
It has a range of accommodation, and if nothing else, it is certainly iconic.
Still a long way for a lot of people but I suppose that is the idea.
I also suggested Bourke as it is central to all Eastern states, but not for the Sandgropers.
I can't see anyone working out a spot for both east and west coasters to join in.... all that would happen is like what happened in Normanville a few years back. Everyone north of Sydney (and a lot of Sydneysiders) said it was to far and it is ALWAYS to far for WAer's lol

Cobar is probably a bit more central and a bit larger but Bourke has a very Asutralian ring to it... remember the old saying "back of Bourke"? It is also called hte gateway to the outback. However I am not sure if riding is good or they can cope with a large turnout for a weekend(ish).......

Hopefully someone else can start to get things properly organised by starting up some polls like we have here. I was a bit surprised that with Jeff's commments but then I had the same thoughts a year or so ago about fb LOL
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

I am not sure that trying to make it literally central would benefit. West may produce 10 riders say to East say 100 riders. So in order to benefit the greater number of attendees youd have to accomodate easterners more then westerners and hope that as many westerners will make it. The idea is to try and have as many attending as possible making it the largest event the club ever had. Just my opinion.
[Image: SigPic100.jpg] Copper/Silver - The original, the rest are just copies.
Live feed for each state. Each state does their own gathering and then live feed the whole club?? A bit impersonal but the logistics of actually meeting everyone is huge. Work/family commitments etc. I'm sure there's some IT guru out there that can set it up.
(Ps, I wrote this before I saw the survey)
I only ride as fast as my angel can fly.(A Blue Angel)
User 
A nother option for a central point would be Canberra... while close to Sydney and not much more from Melbourne both Adelaide and Brisbane are equal distances.

see how I forget about including Tassie?? I would make a good mainlander LOL
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1