Possible Fuelling issues
Today I went for a run to Tamworth and found that when I try to go beyond 8000 rpm the bike just stays at 8000 rpm no matter how far open the throttle is. I thought this may be the fuel filter needing change or the pump being buggered (started singing like a canary today). Is there anything more sinister I should look into.... Can only make 80-90 in first....... No fun when the bus is not on her game! Confused
Obviously the tacho is jammed. Try a squirt of WD40...
Regards
Kevin
99 bus
15 bus

Classic symptoms of blocked filters or stuffed pump as you say.
Suspect filters...........
I'm still amazed how many Busa's suffer from this, even ones with low km's.
(12-04-2017, 10:24am)Shordy Wrote: Classic symptoms of blocked filters or stuffed pump as you say.
Suspect filters...........
I'm still amazed how many Busa's suffer from this, even ones with low km's.

agree with Shordy. Same issue I had with my gen 2. Fuel filters or pump
Cheers, Pete� Coolafro
Do not click here
Thanks guys,

No low KM here. I have had her for 45,000 km and she has 106,000 on the clock. I was also thinking it may have something to do with the TRE but will chase down the fuel filter and pump possibility first. While i am there I have the little baby injectors at the service dept having an overnight Jacuzzi. Hope they feel better in the morning.... Irregular spray pattern is the diagnosis with good pressure still. I have been given a link to a placement fuel filter not from a $tealership. It is alleged it is an easy swap but from what I see I need a degree in mechanical engineering just the get the little bugger apart. This is a job for tomorrow when the filter and pump assembly arrives.... When I pulled the pump to look I cant even see the filters.... then when i went to put the assembly back in for overnight storage I had a crap time relocating the float in the correct position. Had to use my micrometer to measure the hole spacing... found it.... Wish me luck