Neutral light switch
As far as I know, and I have been wrong before, but I'm reasonably certain the switch is in behind the clutch.
I haven't had to remove one but I do recall seeing it when I've pulled clutches out in the past.
That's on a Gen 1 but i would think the gen 2 would be similar.
cheers, thanks for the reply, will take a look at it.
Not sure if it is the switch that is faulty or not.
I am guessing not many others have had this particular fault yet.
The issue before the bike is fired up, you turn the key on, then the on off switch ( kill switch ) then the fuel pump starts up.
I can get the bike in neutral so i can push it around , just it sometimes doesn't register that it in neutral and thinks it is still in gear, no neutral light or fuel pump start up, playing with the gear leaver up and down a few times it eventually sees neutral and everything works,
just a bit of a pain, if i can find out what is playing up i can solve the issue, was hopeing someone might of already been down this track.
But any more information would be appreciated.
Cheers.
Does not sound like a switch problem But bridge the two wires that come out of the Switch . (rear of leaver ) And test
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
Cheers for the reply,
I am yet to locate the switch itself, but have been told it is in behind the clutch, i need to remove the clutch to get access to the switch if i have read correctly.
If this is the same switch that you a re referring to ?
and you mentioned the two wires that come out of the switch,
are these wires located right next to the gear lever?
By connecting these two wires together, will this just tell the bike that it is neutral all the time?

I am at a loss at the moment if this isn't the cause of the issue, not sure what else it could possibly be or what else to check at the moment.
Cheers.
The clutch switch is behind the clutch leaver you don't need to remove it
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
Hey Rod,

I think he was referring to the gear indicator switch originally, the one which lets it know what gear it's in or in neutral.
I reckon that switch is located behind the clutch basket.
If it's the clutch switch, you are correct, it's at the lever.
Yes, sorry if i have everyone confused there, was referring to the gear indicator switch that i think could possibly causing the issue.
The gear indicator switch is not going to make it difficult to get in to neutral... I'd be taking off the cover to the selector drum first to make sure everything is kosher in there... sounds to me like something is loose... and to be honest, I probably wouldn't ride the bike just in case something is loose...
be careful if you happen to remove the gear selector switch, as there are two small pins with springs behind it... they are easy to lose !! Also, the two bolts holding the switch in place must be loctited... no need to tell you what could happen if they come loose...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A bit of an old post i realize, just thought i would let anyone know of the outcome if anyone else has the same issue.
It was the GPS ( gear position sensor )
Swapped it out for a new one and everything is operating spot on as it should.
Finds neutral every time no drams.
Cheers.