Latest Staintunes
After searching all the web sites for a suitable pair of cans to replace my stockers. I settled on the latest STAINTUNES for $1100 complete. They are RACE cans but come fitted with ADR compliant road baffles. Sound with the baffles in is much deeper than standard but not TOO loud. With the baffles out they are deeper still but quite a bit louder. I am not too concerned about performance but they certainly would breath better than the stockers because the flow is straight through.
Of course looks are 100% better than the shitty looking stockers.

Delivery was within a week.
Rgds BUSGO
<i></i>
Ray,
They look great. Are they as loud as mine without the baffels??

Mine are even LOUDER after all the dyno runs.

PARDON WHAT DID YOU SAY.

Bruce <i></i>
very nice, nothing like the 2 gun look theres symmetry. <i></i>
I agree Volvi, I like the balance look and reckon the air flow from two pipes must be better than a single.
Bruce, I wasn't game to go riding around town without the baffles. I'll pull them out on a back road somewhere and you can follow me for a while. It's hard to tell what the sound is like when you are in front of the noise isn't it.

<i></i>
Looks awesome.

Eventually, as I've mentioned before, I may go 4 into 1. If not, I like the look you have, though I'd try and change the rest of the pide to stainless too (like the models 2000 onwards...)

Is it complicated to remove the baffles? Are they just an inside layer of some sort?
"sometimes, crime does pay"
<i></i>
Busgo,dont be a sook and pull the little baffles out.I had staintunes on my busa and they are top quality mufflers.
They really arnt loud without the baffles removed and actually sound more like a motorcycle should.Although having said that it doesnt sound anywhere near as good as the bark of a V4. <i></i>
PAN, removing the baffles is a simple allen key twist of the wrist. The baffle is just a small length of pipe which comes out the exit hole leaving a larger straight through route for the exhaust gas to come through.

Rod, I will be a woose for a while till I check the sound level and fuel consumption etc. I want to check the fuel usage for a couple of weeks before I fit a K&N filter as well.
I was averaging 18 ks to the litre in standard form.

V4 GROWL sounds good.

P.S. Checked out the new Triumph Sprint ST in the flesh on Saturday. It's a cracker and I reckon will be the sports tourer standard below the FJR Yammy in size for a long time to come.
Rgds BUSGO

<i></i>
"Bark of a V4" ? WTF ? Ease up Rocket, It's US you're talking to

I see you missed your chance to get the mighty one back for a song ?

With Viffers it's all bark & f*** all bite

Yeah yeah we know, it goes around corners quick or something Guess I'm just gonna have ta live with it, woe is me

<i></i>
Hey Busgo, what was the deal with insurance? When they quote for repairs (ie:replacing stock cans), can you negotiate to pay some extra and get pipes like yours, or do you have to just accept the new cans, replace them, then try and sell your unused stock cans (like everyone else is doing)?
"sometimes, crime does pay"
<i></i>
Busgo.... check for a dB rating stamped on the base plate of the bracket that bolts on just under your rear footpeg. Thats where mine is stamped on. Regards.... Rob (Astro)<i></i>
Pan,
Because I accepted the OTHER parties insurance to cover the repairs to my bike (HIS FAULT), rather than using my own insurance, they paid out in cash to me and then I arranged my own repairs.
If I had gone through my own insurance they would have insisted on standard parts replacement, even though the stock cans are dearer than the STAINTUNES by about $600.
Therefore I got the staintunes for $600 less and pocket the diff.
It was a bit inconvenient and took about 1 month longer but I got what I wanted.

Rob, I have inspected with a microscope and no stamps.
Have spoken to the distributer though and apparently, even though the pipes are legal, you have to ask for the stickers because not everyone wants them. They will be in by the weekend, they reckon.
Rgds BUSGO
<i></i>
Very Bling Bling nice Busgo
how about we get Graham around to polish up those rims
mmmm beer & pizza afternoon / night Cheers Robert
<i></i>
Well I did a 700k weekend on the bike and have decided that the baffles stay for now at least.
They sound terrific and not intrusive.
As far as fuel consumption is concerned, I averaged 17k to the litre around town and 19.7 on a 200 k trip over 2hrs.
Much the same as with the standard cans.
<i></i>
Update on these pipes.
After riding without baffles for 1 month and because I needed to ride around the city for a couple of days, I popped the baffles back in.
I instantly noticed an improvement in the smoothness of the engine across the rev range and a slight improvement in fuel consumption.
The noise is still sweet though.
I don't have a power commander and will leave the baffles in for a while I think.
When I can find time to fit a PC and have it set, I might try again without them.
Question. If you get a bike dyno'd, do they have set fees or is it a time based payment. That is, pay by the hour fiddle fee?

Rgds BUSGO
<i></i>
I also have purchased these bolt ons. Very impressed with the sound. I am going to dyno it as well to see if there was any performance benefit. <i></i>