Loud exhaust
Hi all I've been experimenting with my standard exhaust.

I cut the exhaust pipe at the outlet by using a thin chisel in between the inner pipe and the stainless outer fitting.

I removed the cans and attacked the internals with a one inch thick pipe and a sledge hammer completely destroying the baffles and the maze of pipes and also forcing the main exhuast pipe out the rear end.

This effectivly left me with a straight through system.

I re-attached the cans and started the bike

wow I could not believe the sound....

It now has a deep rumble at idle similar in note to a yoshi, and with the gas on just as deep but loud.....very loud !!!

Now this is how these monsters should sound !
Every ten seconds, somewhere on this earth,there is a woman giving birth to a child.She must be found and stopped<i></i>
You truely are EVIL QUOTE: Lack of power has caused more failure than lack of intelligence or ability.

<i>Edited by: OhzOne&nbsp; at: 13/7/05 9:27
</i>
I agree Evil.
Bikes these days are pathetic sounding.
You're tempting me to go back in again and revisit mine!
Watch the boys get at you now about hp losses/ redyno tune it etc etc Cheers,
Pete
Z Web World

Sound ya horn when
going past a manned speed camera.
Let's all give them a protest blast!

You can make a difference!
More Info

<i></i>
I take it your talking about the mid pipes Evil?

If so, 3 rear wheel hp is the measured difference.
After re dyno 5 rw hp. Varies with other mods done of course.

The sound is very different.

Stewie Mac

<i></i>
Evil there is also baffling in the mid section of the standard exhaust system Ialso looked at removing baffles but the mid section wasnt as easy as I thought so the mid section got cut of and a new piece was put in just be carefull on losing back pressure some bikes actually need it to run ok

just my 2c worth do with it what you like Regards Bill

Busa's Rule On The Rest<i></i>
yada yada yada.......f*** it sounds mean !

I did this only for the note it's given me and im very happy.
Some riders prefere stealth, others sound, i like the sound

Im not bothered about the hp gains as soon ill be looking at the turbo option.

I don't think i would notice 3 or 5 hp increase.... Every ten seconds, somewhere on this earth,there is a woman giving birth to a child.She must be found and stopped<i></i>
hey dude dont yada yada yada me did I say anything about Hp gains or losses No but hey its your bike and if you want to burn out your valves go right ahead Regards Bill

Busa's Rule On The Rest<i></i>
Have you got some pics of the outlet after the destruction!

As I am also a sound freek!

Fords

I LIKE IT LOUD OKAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <i></i>
Just goes to show

Let a large, well built gentleman of Greek heritage near a small hole and you just know there is gunna be a whole lot of loud noise and that hole is gunna end up a much larger orifice

and of course there are gunna be others that want to duplicate the act QUOTE: Lack of power has caused more failure than lack of intelligence or ability.

<i></i>
Already thought of that of the valves thats why i've replaced my oil with the new hydroclorazic maximum protection....he he he.

As for you Ohzone can i buy back my introduction to you ?

Heres the pic !
Every ten seconds, somewhere on this earth,there is a woman giving birth to a child.She must be found and stopped<i></i>
Too late QUOTE: Lack of power has caused more failure than lack of intelligence or ability.

<i></i>