two cans or one
That's why I offered my headers hehe because they are different Regards Bill

Busa's Rule On The Rest<i></i>
People who say four into one usually back it up with performance reasons, not Harley type poser look reasons like the twin set.

As said earlier, watch single-sided if you carry a pillion on a 99 or 00. I have single side exhaust on a 00 with no problems, but never carry a pillion or luggage. <i></i>
ray this issue of subframes is confuzzling me why would a single pipe be more hazzardous than a twin when you think of wieght savings wouldnt that be better than twin cans for an alloy subframe Regards Bill

You could allways go a 4 into no can (he he)
<i></i>
diablo, '99ers have a 1 piece all black pipe right onto bolt on cans not slip ons. <i></i>
hey shred,
email me a couple of good size shots of ya bike for the gallery...veeery nice...
djpete@tpg.com.au
Cheers,
Pete
Z Web World

Sound ya horn when
going past a manned speed camera.
Let's all give them a protest blast!

You can make a difference!
More Info

<i></i>
Thanks for the info guys, as I said before, it's better to get advice from those that have been there and done that. I wasn't able to tell that the headers were one piece through to the cans because of the fairing.

Bill, can you give me some further info on the exhaust you are trying to get rid of, like price and if the cans need to be bolt or slip on. I let the stainless mid pipes go, they ended up being just under $100.

Once again, thanks guys. <i></i>
Diablo it is a stock system off a 2002 with polished stainless mid section pipes the cans bolt on like I said before I have someone that has been interested in them for quite awhile but has failed to come and collect them we were going to do a straight swap my stock system for his 4-2-1 with no money exchange but with you I would expect some sort of $$ for a swap I will email him again and let him know that you are also keen on the system as soon as he responds I will let you know what the outcome is I will give him to this weekend to make the trade it is the least I can do send me your phone number so I can call you Regards Bill

Sorry Diablo the system went this morning you will have to try elsewhere now Regards Bill

Hey Shredder,

You cant really ride a dump pipe on the street legally now can you in all honesty. Granted you'd be quieter than a Harley but the EPA down here would cash in on you big time, esp if they made you go back to stock for the recertification.....bye bye Turbo.

Regards
Graham
1hotBUSA
Strike a blow for freedom...Smash a speed camera!!!
Burn the Copper Silver and Gay Mardi Gras Pink!!!
Red/Grey and Blue Blacks Rule!!!<i></i>
Well, my cans have arrived, took about 15 minutes to fit them. A set of carbon fiber Akropovic's. Pretty loud though, no baffles, I can see right through them. He he, now to scare the crap outa some little old lady Quote:If only she could wash and cook

<i></i>