MOD #7 INCREASE THE ACCELERATION TORQ
This one is the easist. If top of the top end is no major concern to ya then you will enjoy this mod the best. If your a wheelie junkie you will appreciate this mod.

Change your stock rear gear on the back wheel from the 40 tooth to a 42 or 43 tooth. you will not need to get a different chain. The increase in teeth on the rear slightly shortens the wheel base yet significantly increases the roll on torq. Wheelies come smooth and super easy. Also the acceleration for roll on's and racing is untouched. Best mod for the $35 cost.

ICEMANN! <i></i>
Yep done that won long time ago.......except now the arm's abit longer. Easy come easy go.. <i></i>
hi
where did you get the sprocket for $35? i paid $72, also you should consider a better chain at the same time...

cheers
les <i></i>
Ice quotes US$ <i></i>
Does this throw the speedo accuracy out, (even more)? <i></i>
If you goto a 42 sprocket it will throw off the speedo. A yellow box is one option to correct the % of error. I will do a write up on correcting the % of error.

ICE <i></i>
It throws the speedo out BIG TIME.
Nothing a $56 sigma push bike speedo won't fix.
Cheers, Phil. <i></i>
what sort of effect does a 43 tooth have on revs?

Only had the Busa a short time, but was thinking going 44teeth and yellow box.

Not sure but think stock ratios give 100k/4k rpm in top. <i></i>
Biketone,
You may not have stock sprockets if you are getting 100k/4k.
I have 40 teeth on the back and I get closer to 120k @ 4k.
Can someone with a new bike confirm this for us?

Rgds BUSGO
<i></i>
Busgo I run a 16/42 combo and the speedo shows 120 ks at 100ks a 17/40 combo is stock i believe if you stay at 17 for the front and lift the rear to 43 you should be on about the equivalent as what mine is reading Regards Bill

"Secret Mod Group Is Kicking Butt"

Busa's Rule On The Rest<i></i>
OK Bill,
I don't know if you've had a couple of drinks but I can't decifer your last post.
Do you, or anyone else, want to have another go at what speed the standard sprockets should give at 4,000 rpm in top gear?
I think it should be almost 120kph.

<i></i>
Yep,
I did my own test.
On standard 17/40 sprockets 120kph @ 4,000 revs in top gear.
If you increase your rear sprocket and don't reduce the front one, you will increase your torque, your engine wear, your fuel consumption and reduce your tyre life.

But you do better monos.

<i></i>