Air box mod?
Thanks for that. I'm new at drags and was really happy to get to 10.4. I still really don't know how I did it technique wise and got busted then anyway. So will have to re-learn the technique come September.
I have made lowering links and had it 50mm lower. I have straps too, but didn't have it pulled down and I'm still outside the 2 sec 60' time. So this year will be interesting with different power characteristics.
Apart from the odd small wheelie at take off, I haven't really had a problem, but then again, I'm still not taking off with a lot of revs either. I think I did a bigger wheelie at Wanaroo over skyline! That wasn't intentional either! <i></i>
Bear with practice, a 42 tooth rear and an 1.8 or less 60 foot and you will be knocking on the door for 9's very very soon
Cheers Robert
Aren't all Busas Copper & Plated, the others are just all very poor slow ugly copies !!!!!<i></i>
No need for that Simmo, Stock Gearing, Stock Height, 9's all the way!!

Shayne <i></i>
Quote:Stock Height
Shayne
Shayne
Shayne
How soon we forget
Dont you mean -1 front and back??? Bruce
N2O no laughing matter
<i></i>
Arh you caught me Bruce!

Yes it was -1 but it was 9.85 so I reckon sub 10 stock gearing stock height was in sight.

Now I need to find a stock bike to prove it, oh and an ankle that isnt fractured would help!

Shayne <i></i>
You managed 10.33 on mine with stock height and stock gearing (after only 2 practice runs).

I think you (that's YOU Shayne, not me) could do it...

"sometimes crime does pay"<i></i>
cut out the floor of the airbox inside the small lip that locates the inside edge of the air filter to make it...

(07-09-2009, 05:53pm)johnhumid Wrote: cut out the floor of the airbox inside the small lip that locates the inside edge of the air filter to make it...