Buell Footpeg installation
I thought I'd start a thread because several people have mentioned they'd be interested in getting them. I hope to post pics as I go and explain what mods need to be done to fit them...

First up, here's the comparison:

"sometimes crime does pay"<i></i>
I ride with the balls of my feet on the pegs and found the smooth outer edge of the Buells to be quite slipery. I got a small triangular file and cut fine grooves into the outer edge and this cured the problem, if you do it carefully and line the file up with the original groves in the peg they look original after chroming Bruce
N2O no laughing matter
<i></i>
is that it pan come on pull your finger out i need to learn from your mistakes not mine THE WARRIOR

REGARDS ROD
kangaroos1996@msn.com<i></i>
I'll get more pics up soon, but I've come across a problem.

I've gotta find some copper pipe as an inner sleeve, and so far every shop in Sydney I've been to says some dude (who will remain un-named) on a copper/silver Hayabusa has been buying-up anything made of copper and putting it on his bike... they got a photo of his bike, but I can't tell you who it is...

<i></i>
i have found that the sleve of a 10mm dyno bolt is verry close if there is some thing better please let me no have finished them bugger the file would have been like breaking out of jail used bench grinder with care THE WARRIOR

REGARDS ROD
kangaroos1996@msn.com<i>Edited by: HAYABUSA ROD at: 9/10/06 5:51 pm
</i>
just got home from good 250k ride and i would have to say these pegs would have to be the best mod i have done on the busa THE WARRIOR

REGARDS ROD
How tall are you Rod?
Rgds BUSGO

"TAKE MY ADVICE"
I'm not using it anyway!<i></i>
About the same as you Ray, maybe a couple of inches taller.
Rod, got any pics to post?
(also Rod, what was the diagnosis on that leaky rear brake that time?) <i></i>
bolt was not tight and fluid was coming out the bottom. i will get some pics on for you but they were very easy to install and i used the sleve of a 10mm dyno bolt just need to take a bit of the bottom they are just touching exhaust pipe new invention feet warmers

6 feet Busgo THE WARRIOR

REGARDS ROD
kangaroos1996@msn.com<i>Edited by: HAYABUSA ROD at: 12/10/06 10:41 pm
</i>
Here's what I learnt today about installing the Buell fottpegs:

The right one (pictured below) needed a fair bit of grinding/sanding to fit in, probably because my rearsets had been chromed. I estimate I took off about 3mm from the top and also some on the sides and below (to allow for the exhaust).

I also grinded an extra half a millimetre off, pending a plate of chrome to come (as per Bill's advice)

(See red arrows)

For a sleeve I went with Rod's idea and used a 10mm dyna-bolt. I found it very difficult to cut to size as it warped and bent quite easily...

The end result was two bits of dyna-bolt that look ugly (not that they show when installed)but do the job. I think copper pipe may have been easier to work with.

I have installed the right peg as it is and the fit is good. Not sure what grinding the left one will need to fit properly...

More pics to come when I install and adjust brake and gear selector...
A thought for you Pan, how about leaving the bolt inside the outer casing while you cut around the it. That should support the casing while you are leaning on the hacksaw.

Just a thought old boy.

Cheers

Max

Madmax - GSX1300R Black and Grey Buses Rule
Good Bike, Good Woman, Good Road, Good Weather, Good God - Good Bye!
Smith and Wesson - The original point and click interface.
Some people are alive only because it's illegal to kill them.
<i></i>
Good thinking Max. I'll know for next time! <i></i>
hey pan thats what you get for being cheep i brought the extra long ones with extra sleve on them then you have a full sleve not a twisted one
now go back to hardware shop and pull a gold coin out of ya pocket THE WARRIOR

REGARDS ROD
Rod, I'm cheaper than you think (oh no, all those sexual innuendos...). I actually scored the bolts off the back of my builder's ute for free!
Excellent

Good info/pics pan & rod, I’m convinced.

My knees don't flex like they use to so long distance riding has been painfull. (a few years ago I snapped my left patella tendon and my right knee needs a complete replacement)

I can't find the original post that says where you got the pegs from so can ya repost the details so I can order a set. (Already have looong dyno bolts )

Cheers
Darryl
<i></i>