Astor Metal Finishes Chrome Plating in Sydney
pan Wrote:PING Mark Loverstler!!!!

I think Mark's had the parts for quite a long time. I think 1Hot's got the bad end of the deal, hasn't he?

We all put in money for these parts. I'd like to know what's going on and I'd like to know NOW!!! (not just wait around for another 6 months without a reply)

So, who knows what's up...? Is it Loverustler or am I pointing the finger recklessly?

If it isn't, it would be nice of Mark to respond. He seems to occasionally respond in other track day and ride day threads, so he must know by now that this is going on!!!

Confused

Hello Pan,

I've had an interesting 12hrs in regards to this event. Mark is currently out of Sydney. I have spoken with Mark and he has advised me that he will be back in Sydney on Monday week and that I am welcome to come around and pick them up.

I was unhappy that I felt that I had been more than fair in giving up the parts for other people to complete their bikes but that I have had to take my bike off the road a number of times to complete chroming, which is what the parts were originally purchased to avoid.

I am also aware that this was going to start a huge flame war, and thought that it may be better to respond to people directly, hence my call to Mark today. I also rang Bruce today but was not able to leave a message.

Hopefully it will all be sorted soon.
Onya 1Hot!

I'm not after a flame war at all. Just want answers from mates that I feel are long overdue.

Let us know how it goes. We need to decide whether we sell the parts eventually too!
Flame war, well both of your bike are that colour Pi_tongue
Good to see they have been tracked down Trophy
Full steam ahead Boys Pi_thumbsup thats make Astor rich again, I have lots of 2cents shares in that place Boobies4
I think a little clarification is needed here. I spoke to mark yesterday and he informs me that he discussed the collection of the parts with 1hot before xmas, they were available and ready to be collected. 1hot for whatever reason could not collect at that time so it was decided he would collect at a later date.

Mark told 1 hot they could be collected anytime that suited him so what is the issue here guys. I cannot imagine what this ruckus is about, the parts are there so go and get them.

This should never have made it to the forum or been distributed to all via abusive text messages. Very bad form people - pathetic.

If you have a percieved issue then call the person responsible we are all mates in this group after all.
BLACKZOOK Wrote:I think a little clarification is needed here. I spoke to mark yesterday and he informs me that he discussed the collection of the parts with 1hot before xmas, they were available and ready to be collected. 1hot for whatever reason could not collect at that time so it was decided he would collect at a later date.

Mark told 1 hot they could be collected anytime that suited him so what is the issue here guys. I cannot imagine what this ruckus is about, the parts are there so go and get them.

This should never have made it to the forum or been distributed to all via abusive text messages. Very bad form people - pathetic.

If you have a percieved issue then call the person responsible we are all mates in this group after all.

I think some further clarification is required still. In my dealings with Mark, every time I have requested the parts I have asked Mark to let me know when he would be available for me to pick them up. Mark has never done this. On the December Putty ride I asked Mark again in regards to these parts and he said to me that he was going away in a few days and offered to drop them off. Both Kathy and I were present when Mark asked me for my address. At this time he said to me that he would call me. No phone call was received to advise of a time before Mark went away. All timings to pick up parts have been to Marks convenience not mine. If I was given a date and time then either Kathy or I would have picked up the parts.

I have asked more than twice for the parts, just scroll up and you will see a post where I asked 31/08 for the parts.

There was a threat to post on here in the text message, but I was very careful to ensure that the message was not abusive. I never swore or denigrated Mark in any way. I was angry and frustrated but I did focus on the perceived issue at the time.

I also rang Bruce on Sunday to talk to him. I was not able to leave a message due to some technical reason. This I was going to do before I posted anything. I also extended Mark this courtesy. Nobody has called me before posting on this topic.

I was asked to surrender the parts twice to allow others to finish. I dropped the parts to Bruce, at his request to allow Mark to finish as he was getting itchy feet. This I did with good grace. People know that I have not finished the bike, so I think that it is a bit of bad form to not ensure that as part of a consortium, all members are able to get their bikes finished. This should have been done within a reasonable time frame. Each person should have, and in most cases did ensure that the parts were passed onto the next in line within a short period of time. I feel, although I am happy to be proved wrong, that as everybody bar myself has finished their bike, nobody has ensured that the process continued as their bike was finished and therefore no further involvement was required by the individual, and it is now left to tail - end - charlie to do the chasing.

So if it is pathetic of me to ask yet again for the parts then so be it. But everybody else is finished, and I am not. Mark has agreed that I may pick up the parts from him next Monday night subject to his movements. I will advise further if I am successful in this venture.
1hotbusa Wrote:I have not finished the bike, so I think that it is a bit of bad form to not ensure that as part of a consortium, all members are able to get their bikes finished. This should have been done within a reasonable time frame. Each person should have, and in most cases did ensure that the parts were passed onto the next in line within a short period of time. I feel, although I am happy to be proved wrong, that as everybody bar myself has finished their bike, nobody has ensured that the process continued as their bike was finished and therefore no further involvement was required by the individual, and it is now left to tail - end - charlie to do the chasing.

Fair comment mate, I probably should have jumped in but didnt realise there was a problem until this came up.

Its unlikely that Mark will respond to a posted request here as he only checks the ride threads.

If there is a problem when you try to collect let me know and Ill sort it out.
Hello All,

I was able to arrange with Mark to pick up the parts from his place today. Kathy went around and picked them up from Marks place after it was all arranged.

Looks like everything is there, and that the parts needed to finish my bike are in the box. Time for me to get polishing.

Thanks to all those who helped.
Pi_thumbsupGood news mate.
I'm off to Astor tomorrow.
It's been too long....

[Image: BLINGBLING.gif]

...and I feel like this

[Image: dancingboy.gif]
Yep I know how you feel when 1hot if finished I may have to start again Idiot2
simmo Wrote:Yep I know how you feel when 1hot if finished I may have to start again Idiot2

How many bits will fit on the 2008 Hayabusa.
1hotbusa Wrote:
simmo Wrote:Yep I know how you feel when 1hot if finished I may have to start again Idiot2

How many bits will fit on the 2008 Hayabusa.

Clutch & gear covers & bolts
Gold is the new Copper Coolrasta