unusual vibration
As being a new member i do'nt know if this has been mentioned before.When slowly constant accelarating I notice a slight vibration for the motor at about 4800 and disappears after 5000rpm.The salesman told me this was when the cams where working.THE BIKE HAS 10,000KM ON IS.Is this normal?Is it the cam chain adjusted recall working properly?I Usually donot accellerate slowly through this rpm range but have noticed it lately. GREG. <i></i>
The vibration around 4500 rpm is standard on all Hayabusas. The balancer shaft reduces the amplitude but does not eliminate it. A 4 into 1 also reduces the effect as the vibration is not being transmitted by the rigidly mounted standard exhaust system. Live with it. It is a normal occurence on in-line fours with long conrods. <i></i>
G'day Greg,

Your vibration problem is hard to consider without seeing your bike. However, do look at your drive chain tension. Try if possible to sit two people on your bike and check the chain tension, this will simulate a compressed suspension situation. It's possible under accleration your suspension is compressing enough to cause the drive chain to go tight. Hence the vibration.

It's only an idear.

Regards Col <i></i>
Thanks for your input JP and Col,But I have noticed it on some bikes before at different rpms .But on the other hand I have noticed it worse with a pillion.But Yvonne said, after reading this, that it is probably the BITCH ON THE BITCH that is causing the vibration.But I don't know,The bike has been fantastic.Maybe I can discuss it with you on the weekend col. GREG. <i></i>
My bike would vibrate the plastic somewhere in front of the handle bar when reaching a certain rpm,it turned out to be the screen vibrating against the fairing and was easily fixed by removing the screen and putting some tape as packing where it sloted in. <i></i>