'99 had a recall on the fuel pump?
Whilst browsing thru. hayabusa.org
someone had quoted that the '99 model had a recall on the fuel pump. Does anyone know anything about this? I know it was changed on '01 and later.

I still get surges at cruising speeds with mine. It now never cuts out like it used to as I've replaced the internal filter and screen from the pump with an inline filter before and sml screen after. I also regularly check and clean return screen.
The recall would explain a lot.

Is there anything else I should know . . .

There are 8 filters to check/clean
1 in the tank
paper filter in pump(now replaced with inline)
screen in back of pump(now replaced with inline)
return screen(under vacuum valve)
1 in the top of each injector.

Is there any I don't know about??

Also obviously check for kinks in lines.

The heat shielding foam around the fuel pump is pretty much rooted now. Could this be adding to the surging problem?
It doesn't stall in traffic anymore, doesn't die on deceleration,
doesn't splutter under acceleration, in fact unless I'm at a constant cruise I'd never feel a problem. The surging isn't violent, just annoying, feelings like someone touching the back brake repeatedly.
Any Ideas?
<i></i>
I would think heat shielding damaged badly/missing, may give you a fuel vapour lock when trying to start your bike on a hot motor, don't know about surging. Where is the return screen under the vacuum valve , oppppppppps missed one Regards Robert looking for vacuum valve not riding. <i></i>