Hellibars?
Greetings everyone. Does anyone down here have, or know anything about these American Hellibars. They soung great to me, but some feed back from someone that has them fitted to a Busa would be appreciated. I must be getting old. I've already fitted the sport touring zero gravity screen, so a set of these bars might be what I'm looking for. (Strapped across a petrol tank when I get back on the road soon does not appeal to me any more). I await your answers. Live long and prosper, regards Phil. MFJ <i></i>
Well I'm not having any luck here. Do people know about Helibars??? It's an American company that produces replacement handle bars for sports bikes to give a more comfortable seating position. For more information try
www.helibars.com They cost $170 + $38 postage US. If anyone is interested drop me a line and we might cut the freight bill by multiple orders.
munyfajam@bigpond.com.au Or don't!
Regards Phil. MFJ <i></i>
hi phil

some time back one of the guys had fitted and then removed a set from his busa, i have seen photos and read about them, all i can say is that i (even with my big gut) find the busa very comfortable just as it is and don't believe that the bars would be a improvement,,

but....

good luck

les <i></i>
Yeah, sorry MFJ, but I too have only seen photos and read second hand info. I don't know anyone who has put them on. <i></i>
I had a set on my Hayabusa & they did make it a bit more comfortable by making the riding position more upright.
I sold them when I traded my bike in. <i></i>
Do they cause the bars to interfere with the screen at all? There is not a lot of clearance there when maneuvering the bike on foot or backing it into a parking spot... <i></i>
Thanks for the replys guys. I'll wait a while now before I decide what I will do. I've still got to admit the Busa is only comfortable above 140 klms when some of the pressure is off of the wrists. I find 186 klms very comfortable but that cost me six months without a licence. (Doh!) Ride safe, regards Phil. MFJ <i></i>
The helibars don't interfere with the screen or anything else.
The only thing that has to be changed is the position of the fast idle cable.
Glen. <i></i>
MFJ Wouldn't it be a lot cheaper to get them made over here?
I have a mate who builds drag cars and bits for bikes i think he could make them a lot cheaper and out of chromeMol
Strong light and cheap ?
Just an idea
illya <i></i>
Looks like a bit of a rip off! and they are going to cost a shit load with the way our dollar is plus frieght plus tax .I seen a peice of billet shaped to fit under the triple clamp on one site ,anyone else seen it? <i></i>
Hi guys,
I have them (Helibars)on my Hire Bus. I got them from EasiriderImports. They are excellent. My wrists are stuffed, these things are helping to lessen the pain I get in my wrists but taking a fair bit of weight off my wrists. If you have back or wrist problems, they are well worth having. Sorry I took so long to answer this thread, i hadn't seen it any earlier.

Max Madmax - GSX1300R Black and Blue Buses Rule
Good Bike, Good Woman, Good Road, Good Weather, Good God - Good Bye!
Smith and Wesson - The original point and click interface.
<i></i>
Pretty happy with mine too.

The only problem so far is punching the mirror whilst manouvering... (Full lock)

Cheers,

<i></i>
Ahhhh its the wheelchair for you soon Phuck its the phantom!<i></i>
Yeah I'm old and frail, my nerves are shot, I'm scared of corners. BUT!

Still riding (A Busa) not talking Rocketman!

Gotta pre warm the handgrips befroe riding at the moment!

Cheers from the artist formally known as money for jam!

<i></i>
I have had mine on for about 6 months or so now. They are absolutely brilliant.

Everyone who gets on says its so much different to "other" busas.

Way less strain on your wrists. The riding position makes you feel a little less "sporty" but you simply twist the throttle and you quickly change your mind on that!

I ride my busa everywhere, as I sold the BMW cause it just wasn't as cheesy, so I do get a lot of use out of it which does go some way in justifying the price tag.

Chris <i></i>