If you buy from ebay......
I try to support the local retailers when buying bling and other stuff for Ruffy, but I also use ebay for items that are available overseas only and sometimes for price.

99 percent of my ebay purchases have been great - quality price and delivered in a reasonable time.

Recently I wanted to buy a hugger, so I bid for one on ebay from a seller in QLD,power seller etc who as it turns out gets them sent direct from the USA - I specifically emailed him twice to ask if he could supply it in painted in the '99 red and not the later shade as they are quite different - both times the reply was "Yes - that will not be a problem".

When it arrived it was powdercoated pink - had about 4 large cracks in the coating and the rear edging which sits over the wheel was about 10mm higher on one side - very obvious to the naked eye -

I've taken it to a bike spraypainter who is fixing it up for me and i'm sure it will be fine - he is a good tradesman and he looked after me .

Considering how much I have bought on ebay - this is a one off bad buy, should we as a club have a posting where we have both the good and not so good sellers on ebay or elsewhere so that we can help each other stay away from the rip offs and by the same token let each other know when we get a good deal or service.

I don't mind paying a little more if I know the quality and service is good - I know that i'm not the only one who buys on ebay etc and who has been burnt or am I ?

Cheers Ruffy

Hi there,

Did you record negative feedback against the seller. Ebay tend to take it more seriously now than they did in the past. The seller has not delivered the item to you in the diesired colour and condition that you specified before making your bid. Therefore they have breached their part of the agreement. At least they are in Australia for you to chase them, not some shadow company in one of the A states of the good old US of A

Regards
Graham
1hotBUSA
2000 Suzuki Hayabusa Red/Grey Bog standard except for bling and a kanooter valve. Oh and a turbo kit on the floor.
Strike a blow for freedom...Smash a speed camera!!!
Member of the SHAG group.
Red Bikes Rule!!!!!
You are allowed one sentence - and I used every word,what it boiled down to is that he would fix it, but I had to return it to place of origin - USA. Too expensive and time consuming which is what I'm sure he is counting on.

It was quicker and cheaper for me to get the local guy to fix it
the only problem being that because the powdercoating was so bad,my guy said that if he were to paint it my red,if it cracked again you would see the pink powdercoating come through.

The only solution was to superglue the cracks and to paint it flat black - which suits the bike colour and he coud do it cheaper.

Ruffy
negative feedback mate and you only need 1 line

hey fuckwit my bike is red not fucken fluro pink you tool bad ebayer Cheers Bill

The cured Blingaholic

Love your work Bill.

Max Madmax - GSX1300R Black and Grey Buses Rule
Good Bike, Good Woman, Good Road, Good Weather, Good God - Good Bye!
Smith and Wesson - The original point and click interface.
Some people are alive only because it's illegal to kill them.
I agree, buy from local retailers first... if they don't have it then look else where.

A'shame about your purchase ruffy.... I know who you are talkin about and your not the only one.

If you want a great bloke and he even rides a busa is is a member of this site check out Bling Parts Australia's Ebay store. .. sorry.. shameless plug. Regards
Grant

www.blingpartsaustralia.com.au

My pride and joy
Just want to see if my new photo workx!

i47.photobucket.com/albums/f171/Ruffred/dsc_0114.jpg
Maybe this time.....
"Hope thats not a speed camera!"

i47.photobucket.com/albums/f171/Ruffred/dsc_0114.jpg
There is a testing area...