Bike lift
Spent a bit of time yesterday fitting the new lifting davit to the tray on my ute, I fitted a 10mm plate of aluminium on top and underneath the tray and bolted them together with tube spacers to sandwich the floor, Welded up a pair of ally braces bolted either side of the chassis rail mounted the davit to that.

Well today was the big test and to say I was nervous would be a huge understatement. The thought of dropping the bike from 4’-0 in the air was terrifying.

I slung her through the front wheel then up behind the fairing and through the back wheel under the swing arm. Lifted her an inch off the ground and jumped onto the seat to bounce it around, no problems solid as a rock. Finally I took the plunge and lifted her up onto the tray no problems at all. The whole lifting operation would be about 5 minutes including tie down but I imagine it will get quicker with practice.

I still have to fit tie down hooks to the plated floor and make a cradle for the front wheel to sit in against the headboard of the tray then I can load the Busa, DRZ250 and toolbox for the trip to W.A.
My long distance trailer towing days are over

and it should be easy to change the dogbones now too .

Bruce
N2O no laughing matter
Holy crap Bruce, I would be nervous as well

Showing true Blingster Style there mate, matching purple sling, nice one!

Shayne
That's a terribly serious look on your face in the first phot Bruce
Good setup Bruce. I saw this channel setup on eBay if ya want to keep a flat floor when not hauling bikes. Would be easy to copy and make.

Cheers
Darryl
Bruce,
Would a cradle for the bike inerest you??
I know a top notch metal fab guy who could knock one up for you in no time, that way you could load any bike you want on the truck.
Thanks guys but I only have a week before I head out. I have sketched up a drop saddle for the front wheel and will fab it (2 off) up out of ally at a mates workshop on Monday. Nothing flash but hopefully functional.

Does anyone know of a chrome plater with a tank big enough to fit the davit in??? Bruce
N2O no laughing matter
Quote:to say I was nervous would be a huge understatement. Bruce its only a Purple one now if it was Copper
Great set up, hope to try it out on the trailies tomorrow

Cheers Robert
Aren't all Busas Copper & Plated, the others are just all very poor slow copies !!!!!
Sweet set up Bruce.

Good work mate
That's brilliant. Now if you become sick of your regular job you can become a professional bike thief!
zook, what size rear tyre u got on, looks like a 200+
Shinko 190.
I've compared my Bridgstone 020 200 next to my Shinko 190, and the Shinko IS wider!
"sometimes crime does pay"
Geeze ! I knew I was buying the best colour scheme available (oh... how quickly we change our tune...) but I didn't know the black/purples could fly as well ! Bonus !

Fantastic setup there ! The older I get, the better I was. Regards.... Rob