Couple of Bombs just went off in Bali
Explosions reported on Bali

Saturday, October 1, 2005; Posted: 8:45 a.m. EDT (12:45 GMT)

JAKARTA, Indonesia (AP) -- Explosions went off Saturday in two tourist areas of Indonesia's Bali island, injuring at least three foreigners, police and a private Indonesian radio station said.

At least three blasts went off on Jimbaran beach, which is lined with seafood restaurants frequented by tourists, El Shinta radio reported, adding that witnesses saw at least three bloodied foreigners leaving the scene.

Another near-simultaneous explosion hit a shopping center in downtown Kuta, about 30 kilometers (18 miles) away, the radio station said.

Bali police spokesman Lt. Col. Antonius Reniban confirmed that several blasts went off, but could not say if they were bombs.

"There have been some explosions in Jimbaran and Kuta area, but we cannot give any details," he said. "Police are still investigating."

In October 2002, bombs linked to the Jemaah Islamiyah militant group killed 202 people, mostly foreign tourists, in Kuta.

anyone that goes over there has to be they(tourists) all should stay out of there and let them blow each other UP Cheers,
Kawasuki
So far they have killed 19 people, your friend was very lucky if he was only a metre away. Edited by: hayabusa  at: 2/10/05 1:37 am
A verry good friend of mine is a cop in Bali. As soon as I heard I sent him an SMS to make sure that he was OK. Apparently one of the bombs was in or near Kuta Square, if you don't know the area, it is a big tourist shopping area. The bomb went off about a meter away from my friend, he's ok, I'm still waiting to hear about injuries.
You get what you pay for, la la land for cheap skates

boycott the f***kers i say,theyve blown up enough of our own

Dave.
what a fuckin sick sad world
I think that the Indonesians need to sort these phuckers out. That meens no 3 year sentences for people who actively admit to being involved in these type of terrorist attacks, and no 20 year sentences for girls that may or may not have smuggled mull. Please. As if Aussies didn't have enough reason not to go to Indonesia, now this. And then I see people on the idiot box today saying that they will continue to travel to Bali because they don't want to let the terrorists think that they have 'won' . You couldn't pay me to take my family there. If they wanna holiday in a place that has a high statistical posibility of being struck again as opposed to other destinations that are not as likely.... I know that the next attack could be anywhere but come on.....

I know that I'm rambling on, but I feel for the people of Bali who rely so heavily on tourism. But they obviously aren't doing enough to protect people.

got it right. Very sad.

Bazoo.