Question for the 8 sec drag guys
I have a question for those that are bagging others on certain things and I would like true answers but I doubt that you guys will reveal the answer

Mistaboosta question for you

how much is your 8 sec drag bike worth or how much has it cost to date
what HP is it at the rear wheel and
what length swingarm are you running

Leonard the same questions go for you

cas if you would like to jump in and have your say feel free

I just would like a comparison on these 8 sec NO BARS bikes to Shredders self assembled turbo 8 sec with bars bike which does actually get ridden on the road without the bars

Come on guys spill if ya dare I already know the rough amount the Shredders has put into his just curious about your bikes
Regards Bill

"Secret Mod Group Is Kicking Butt"

Busa's Rule On The Rest
so true pan but what I am trying to work out is why should they bag on someone else when obviously their bikes are worth a lot of money and a much cheaper bike is pulling some great times also why not talk with each other and help one another out with suggestions and technical data the way the other thread came across is really bad and it really seems that they feel threatened i am not asking to go into specifics here just the HP and money spent I am sure that the Australia fastest Busa is around the 60 - 70k mark and it pulls 8's Shredders is 1/3 of that and it pulls 8's A lot of money goes into these bikes I know that and I understand that racing is racing and you dont share secrets

Now with the SMG well that is only secret until the pics are posted then it is all out there to be seen by anyone and everyone

So what is next on your motorsiccle Regards Bill

Busa's Rule On The RestEdited by: Xhiler8r  at: 3/10/05 6:57 pm
I'm not telling anyone my secrets!

(sorry Bill. I gotta stop ambushing threads!)

Pan,
the 8 second reaction time man
"sometimes, crime does pay"

Customer Service & Complaints Division
Easyrider Imports
www.easyriderimports.com.au

its ok Mr. frying hijack away I really doubt that they will reveal the true costs anyway Regards Bill

Busa's Rule On The Rest
Yeh Bill, I agree. Though the "Secret Mod" group is a bit of fun, the drag guys invest a lot of time, knowledge and money, so probably won't want to give away all the info, and I can't blame them either...
(damn, I'm still hijacking)

Next?
Well, maybe seatcovers, polished grab-rail, maybe wheels, maybe little chrome bits... but likely nothing for a while as I need to save money...

I would love a 4 into 1 and some engine mods, but can only afford little bling mods

Easyrider Imports

Bill,

First off I will give you all the details of my current 8 sec streetbike no problems as Shreader and the 2 Shanes , Maj, Gazza, Dave Wolf, everyone at the ECN , Bikefest etc , everyone at WSID have all seen it .

I tell you the truth as the bike has only limited use left before my sister will race it and my new bike will be released but I'm getting a head of myself.

Anyway I dont want to read "Thats all B.S." after I post it ,you except as it is as it end of subject.

I want to show everyone how easy it is to setup an 8 sec streetbike but not so easy to get the 8 sec out of it.

If you'd seen the bike you wouldn't even ask and you will be shocked as to how much was spent or actually not spent.

Do I have your word ?

Anyone else interested ?

Leonard.

Ps : Bill as for not sharing information ask Shreader if I ever held back anything when he asked for my advise.

Shreader sorry for involving you in this discussion but Bill is getting personal with his accusations.

Edited by: Blackkat at: 3/10/05 9:04 pm
Yeh, I'd prefer you just PM it to those interested...
The others may not give a rats...

Easyrider Imports

I think we should turn this thread around a little bit, so its not so personal!

Guys, whats the best way of going about building a 7.9, 8.5 or a 8.9 second quarter mile bike and how much should we expect to pay for such a beast?

Mmm, that reminds me of a thread that was started last month!

For anyone interested Leonard's bike was featured in Zoom magazine a while back but I imagine it has changed a heap since, maybe he can post a scan of the pages. The first issue of Rapid did a pretty good job of breaking down Jamie Bezzina's bike which they quoted as costing over $50K!

Forgot to mention Bill that we met Leonard at Bikefest earlier this year and found him to be a very approachable bloke and quite willing to offer advise to anyone that asks!

I am sure that can be said for Dave(MistaBoosta) as well, from what I have seen on AustralianDragBike.
Shayne

Edited by: aBUSa at: 3/10/05 10:19 pm
Blackkat fire away I will not judge you or what you say I am just pissed of at another person and that person is not you so if you want post it here or email me I dont care either way but I will reply to this thread with a AT LEAST BLACKKAT HAS ANSWERED reply so the choice is yours Regards Bill

Busa's Rule On The Rest
Yeh Shayne good idea but I already know what it costs to build an 8.88 sec bike but some people wont recognise it as that and decide to hang shit on smeone that has put his heart into getting that time Just imagine what I would be like if they were actually talking about me and my bike mates stand up for mates and Iwould like this subject sorted once and for all Regards Bill

Busa's Rule On The Rest
Aye aye,

I have to say that I don't usually like engaging in conversations with "Haters" but for the benifit of those who've not met any of us I'd like to set the record straight.

1. Whether anyone likes it or not - Street Bike = No-Bar amongst dragracers and we don't recognise Wheelie-bar passes as we endevour to protect the integrity of the 8sec club. I make the point AGAIN that no-one beleives that Shredder intentionally tried to claim otherwise or mislead anyone and we understand from Greig that it has proven to be a usefull tuning tool and good on him.

2. I've not spoken to Shredder personally - but my congratulations and support have been passed on through Greig at MPE. His achievements to date have been a huge positive for us all to see it happening in other states now that it is certain that this season will see him in the 8's -No-bar.

3. Any racer who has been in personal contact with me will attest to the fact that I will help as much as I can, wherever I can, to get more guys running No-Bar 8's.

4. Cost - best compare with leonards gold bike as that bike was allways aimed at the 8's
My bike was allways aimed at the 7's - and last season I came up way short which is how I can empathise with Shredder. Running 9's on a perpose built 50K+ bike along side leonard running 8's on a low budget streetbike for months and months was a test of character and resolve. Spending a whole lot of money in the wrong places/direction was also a bitter pill to swallow as I am now starting all over again in the Quest for a 7, so from the stand point of "been there and done it" I understand -a lot more than you -Shredders frustration at getting stuck.
Truth is - a stock bike with a clutch Mod and a Dry shot of NOS can get in the 8's if the rider is light enough and Knows what he is doing.

5. If you want to know anyones HP figures visit www.amaprostar.com and click on the "online Dyno" - as Dyno figures are mostly bullshit. - I ran 174.55mph @ 825lb (I weigh in at 115kg)

6. If you had done some basic research before attempting to belittle other peoples passion in life, you would have realised that the HP is the easiest and cheapest part of the equation.
Chassis/clutch/weight saving etc. are where the real $'s are spent. Also there is a lot of money in wear and tear of consumables once you get to Mid 8's - Clutch plates chains/sprockets/race fuel/tyres/entry fee's/travel - (not ot mention the money needed to be spent internally when you really start to lean on it) all add up to about $150-$200 per pass

7. I really hope that you're negativity doesn't rub off on Shredder - we need him running tough #'s in Qld to give the rest someone to aim at, and lift everyones game Nationally as a result.

8. Fellow racers swap information all the time on what is needed to go quicker in terms of parts - set up is something you have to put the hard yards in for at the track - not arrogantly demanding answers from people you are simultaneously insulting on internet forums.

9. Shit stinks whoever it belongs to - the more you prod and poke it - the worse the smell gets. Leave it alone to crust over and soon it will decompose naturally and be forgotton.

10. As a newbie on the forum I appologise for getting into an argument in my 1st week and I hope that you all understand that I can't just sit back and allow myself to be bullied. The NO-BAR movement grows - VIVA LA REVOLUTZIONE!!!!
Aye aye,

Don't be put off by a few. There's some good reading in the above posts. I love passion you guys put into your bikes. Serious hard core group, all of you. If I only had the

Until then I'll just fly the "Riding not Talking" flag.

I reckon I could do an 8 second pass. If I had a rolling start. (Say through the traps at about 200 klm/h)

Keep up the good work all you 1/4 mile guys. There are those out there that read the posts but just don't get involved.

Cheers, Looking after the grey vote (riders)

I will jump in to say that I don't run 8's.

My bike has a 6 inch over arm, lowered 2 inches rear, 2 1/2 in the front, modified forks, air box mod, Yoshi pipes/can, pair removed, TSI computer, 650cc injectors, modified fuel rail, 16-42 sprocket ratio, M/T MCR2 tyre (for ANDRA events) or a Shinko r003 for the street (I have 2 rear wheels).

As for money spent, I got the arm, chain, 3 sets of sprockets, bike lowered for about $2000 or so. All the parts except the chain were second hand.
The forks cost me $220 to be re-sprung and lowered.
Yoshi pipes/can cost about $2600 with the pair removed and a yoshi EMS installed at the same time, and dyno'd to suit.
The injectors cost me about $1000, and I modified the fuel rail myself.
Mcr 2 tyre cost $325, Shinko $240, spare wheel $300 with disc and bearings.
I still haven't payed for the TSI computer as the guy I bought it from is out of the country and we didnt set a price. (should be around the $1100 mark).
I did the air box mod myself.

These are all things that I have done over a 2 1/2 year period, and they would have been a lot cheaper if I had installed things myself rather than pay for labour.
I ride this bike daily when I have a licence and it has 57000 kms on it (I bought it with 6800kms) I have had it for almost 5 years.

I have spent more than what I have quoted here, but I don't think you wanted to know about the parts I had to buy when I cleaned up a car while uninsured.

Over the next 9 months or so I will be installing a turbo, getting the bike re-sprayed, and polishing some bits and pieces.
I won't be buying a "kit" to install I will be buying/making parts and I will be installing it myself with the help from Mistaboosta, Leonard and S and R Pro.

While I love drag racing my bike isn't a "drag bike" and it will never be an all out drag bike as I like to ride on the road too.

I hope this helps you out.

Dave

ps; Bill no one ever meant any bad will towards Shane, as I have already said here and on the other forum, you are the one getting all antsy about it.

Dave it was the way you implied that he cheated but without actually saying it

The hard core I guy I take my hat off to you guys I have been trying for ages to do well and i KNOW IT TAKES A LOT OF PRACTICE I really never meant to insult anyone I was just sticking up for someone that was so damn happy that he finally cracked an 8 us Queenslanders were all proud of him whether he had bar or no bars

I will let this drop here and now I appologise if I sounded like a bully was not my intention and I am sure if you guys all pull together he will be doing no bar 8's very soon Regards Bill

Busa's Rule On The Rest