Tamiya Busa Paint Colours??
Howdy All.....

Has anyone out there put together a Tamiya 1/12th Model Busa and painted it in the Orig Red/Black(fastest) colours.If so could you tell me what are the related (tamiya??) paint codes?? Cheers in advance....................Bone!!
Gee,
You're in luck.
Yes I am currently building one.
The colours for the bodywork are supposed to be as follows.
Red TS-49 in small spray pack.
Black TS-40 in small spray pack.
Be warned though that even though they are the recommended colours, the RED is lighter than the original Red on the busa and if you hold it up against the real bike it has an orange tinge to it rather than Maroon.
If you don't compare the model with a real bike, you may not notice the difference.
Rgds BUSGO
Preciate the help Busgo, I will get the two and give em a go, are these pressure packs or paint for use with air gun ???
....................Bone!!
Hi there,

TS stands for tamiya spray, which means it will come in a aerosol can. Expect to pay in the vicinity of $10 for each can. You will be up for a lot of masking if you are going to paint the red and the black out of the can.

Hope it works out OK

Regards
Graham
1hotBUSA
Strike a blow for freedom...Smash a speed camera!!!
Burn the Copper Silver and Gay Mardi Gras Pink!!!
Red/Grey and Blue Blacks Rule!!!
The kits actually come with the required masking, I'm about to build a second one to match the latest busa that I've killed..

---------------------------------
Who Dares Bins
you killed the second one ? "Busa riders always count in three's.... 100, 200, 300"

Yeah, engine go bang!

new engine this week hopefully ---------------------------------
Who Dares Bins
Thanks to you also Graham (second best way to spell it), ask and ye shall find. A bit slow to respond to your advice, my son put me on to limewire.com for downloading music got caught up creating a C.D. Songs so far
1. Sweet Home Alabama. Lyn Skyn
2. Tush. ZZ Top
3. Whats Going On.4 Non Blondes
4. Killing Me Softly. Fugees
5. La Grange. ZZ Top
6. Cats In The Cradle. Ugly Kid Joe
7. Sunday Bloody Sunday. U.2.
Bloody Addictive the more I download the more old favorites I remember that I want to include........the Fathers Day Rum and Sticky Date Pudding add to the mix I guess.

Merry F.D. to all...............Bone!!
For anyone else interested in building one of these babys.
This is the contents of the kit which most hobby shops sell for about $53.00 Aus.
You can also get them from O/S for cheaper but have to pay delivery and wait.

I have spent about 30 hours on mine so far and about 50% done.
Rgds BUSGO
And I bet Copper aint an option in the colour scheme. Will you place it atop a piece of cheese when you guys finish.

30hrs Busgo, what are you doing. I nail these things a lot faster than that. Is the copper rider giving you advice?

Regards
Graham
1hotBUSA
Strike a blow for freedom...Smash a speed camera!!!
Burn the Copper Silver and Gay Mardi Gras Pink!!!
Red/Grey and Blue Blacks Rule!!!
Woo Hoo

Now I can take some of those crapy stickers off, the paint shops couldn't match the black/grey cause it has a harliquin flake through it.

But if I can get the can of paint for a model, my scratches are gooone.
Cas,
Good Luck finding a model spray to match. They don't come out of the can exactly as shown on the cap.
The metalflake black does have metal in it but I don't know how good a match it will be on a real bike and I don't know if there is a grey to match.
Progress at 30 hours effort.
Yeah, I know I'm slow but I'm doing this only on wet days and dull nights.

Rgds BUSGO
Lovely Buggsy...

I bet the subfame is stronger than on the 99 models too!

Seems to be a bit less as well???

Keep up the good work.

Wet days & dull nights ?.....hmmm, we could have built a fleet of em in that case