Site Upgrade
Ok guys I am going out on a Limb here by asking this question

what do we want from this site

what do we expect from this site

if we want speed and reliability well then as we are getting new members nearly every week it might be time to get onto a better server but as most of you know a better server with better bandwith , image hosting and all the stuff that most of us want costs money . So far this has been a free site but if we want to expand and get with the times it might mean digging into our pockets once a year for a small donation to pay for what we all want

Add your thoughts and coments people we all use this for our own information gathering I know I have

In the end I think the decision will be Richards but lets give him some ideas to think over when he returnsdo we want it to stay the same would we donate for a better siteshould Vendors be paying some sort of advertising feetell me to pull my head in and piss offShow results Regards Bill

"Secret Mod Group Is Kicking Butt"

Busa's Rule On The Rest
My 2 c worth...
I think this site is quite good for what it costs, I think around 50 bucks a yr (I think Richard pays this out of his own pocket??)

The current probs are my host problem, nothing to do with Ezboard at all, I want to make that clear.

However the BIG crash we had a little while ago worried me because we lost so many valuable posts with great info...gone forever.

If we had our own server and board then all the info would be ours and we could keep a backup in case of probs.
Also some of the newer Boards have more options such as image hosting directly onto our server instead of hotlinking and other generally better features.

To run our own host/board would not be expensive.
$100 a yr for our own www address and also our own hosting.

It's all possible, just depends what we want.
I think we should move, the data loss is one point in fact made by DJ and the image hosting is something that is also a real pain in the arse.

We had a look at another forum model a while back and it was ok, do we need to have another look.

Can we be credited for our post counts too I need 1000 before I leave this one.

And what has happened to the emoticons mate, there are a few missing from the selection. Regards
Graham
1hotBUSA
2000 Suzuki Hayabusa Red/Grey Bog standard except for bling and a kanooter valve. Oh and a turbo kit on the floor.
Strike a blow for freedom...Smash a speed camera!!!
Red Bikes Rule!!!!!
$100/year is worth it.
I'm sure some of the guys who regularly advertise would be happy to pay that for a little ad on the home page...

Heck, if they don't I will, and you can advertise psych services for me (not that any of the members need it ).
"sometimes, crime does pay"

Employee of the Month
Easyrider Imports
www.easyriderimports.com.au

pan my wife needs it she has to be going loopy being married to me and all Regards Bill

Busa's Rule On The Rest
It just seems slow even with 1.5Meg connection
The current problems are explained by DJ in the Important announcements thread.
His host at ZWEB is currently out of action and will be back up in a day or so.
Pete is working hard to restore the vital bits and we should all be thankfull for the dedication he shows to keeping us going.
Good onya Pete
Rgds BUSGO
I have voted for a site upgrade for the reason that $100 is not a lot of money and I think the added features would be convenient. I totally agree with Busgo though, thanks to DJ for all of his hard work to keep us connected.
So, I would be happy to contribute towards our own host/board, but only if DJ is happy to do so.

Cheers,
Bazoo.
I Agree 3 cheers for Pete hip hip hooraay hip hip hooray hip hip hooray wtg Pete Regards Bill

Busa's Rule On The Rest
shut up Bill!

Anyway it is all possible, but it ain't my call fella's.
But I suppose if enough people voice an opinion then well...
I will put up the first $100 bucks for the new site

if that is what you want, just give us a small spot on the

home page, the EXPOSURE may give me a break with a

potential sponser

your thoughts