Blue Centurion - Overhead Speed Checkers [highway]
Do you know how accurate they are? ie if it reads say, 102kph and the bike speedo says 110 can I get the speedo adjusted down 8 k's and rest in peace?

[There's a reason behind my asking - need something accurate that I can calibrate a speedo to]

thanks,
-jon-
I have no idea..they're maintained by the State Authority, Vicroads down here. I've found the Geelong Road ones to be pretty accurate..but it's best to remember that most speedos give optimistic (higher) readings than what you're actually doing..the error being greater the faster you go. I remember reading in AMCN I think, they were testing a 'Busa...speedo read 340 or so...actual was only 321 or something. that's when the speedo went that high...mine (2003) is only numbered up to 280. I asked my old boss about grabbing a laser (what we use for speed detection) and doing a day somewhere where everyone could check their speedos against it. The problem, I was told, lies in liability. Like this: we all go out for a jolly old day somewhere with me using the laser to check speeds. Some of you calibrate your speedos to the device's readings. A week or so later you're done for speeding, and you cite the fact that you've calibrated your speedo against a police laser device, and next thing you know I'm being sued or something. (not that it would happen that way..but worst case scenario) Doesn't mean you weren't speeding though, the device only needs two seconds to lock on..how much can you vary the speed of a 'Busa in that time...??? But I have heard of certain shops that can accurately calibrate your speedo and certify it...I think there's five in the Melbourne metro area..I looked under speedometers in the yellow pages. To the last I will grapple with thee; from Hell's heart I stab at thee; for Hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee.